Feeling like a right royal wimp!

clareybell

Reaction score
Just phoned in sick for work because of the morning sickness - I can't even keep water down and my stomach is cramping really painfully - but I feel like a bit of an idiot for not going to work because of it! Has any one else had to ring in sick because of it?

Obviously tiredness doesn't help because I'm all dizzy and shaky, but I've not told work I'm pregnant yet so I can't really say I might be alright in a few hours!

I hope others feel like this too because I feel really pathetic! Xxx

I've been of the past 4 weeks for morning sickness (as I have a massive phobia of feeling/being sick) plus had been so dizzy and shattered I wouldn't have managed to do a days work. So don't worry everyone has their thresholds. It's better to relax and rest as much as you can generally anyways :) xx

Im very tempted to call in sick but as i havent actually been sick i thought id better not. Im shaky and dizzy and feel shit so prob shudnt go in. I dont think your a whimp i think you have made the right choice for you.

Michelle. x

Thanks ladies - your right, it better for little bean if I rest anyway and that's what is important :) x

You and your baby's health is definitely more important and you definitely aren't a wimp with my son I had awful sickness I went through a stage with this pregnancy when I woke up I felt like I wanted be sick but sometimes I was and I felt fine when I eat but didn't want to eat :-/ my dad had the nerve to say to my mum 'it's only morning sickness' it's awful! You rest while you can xx

Iv been off for the last 2 weeks with morning sickness and my sick note lasts for over another week. I had got to the point where I couldn't keep anything down and have had to have injections and tablets for the sickness. Feeling much better now but there were times when I couldn't get out of bed let alone go to work. Don't feel bad, you and your baby come first now. X

Iv been off for the last 2 weeks with morning sickness and my sick note lasts for over another week. I had got to the point where I couldn't keep anything down and have had to have injections and tablets for the sickness. Feeling much better now but there were times when I couldn't get out of bed let alone go to work. Don't feel bad, you and your baby come first now. X

Aww sounds like you've had an awful time! I hope that's not where I'm headed!

I'm starting to feel a bit better as I managed to keep a little bit of food down - thanks for the messages - it's good to know I'm not the only one! Xx

I shudnt have gone in, im back at home now feeling terrible and got to go in for an early scan tomoz.

Really shud have just stayed in bed. So worried now.

Michelle. x

Felt faint and dizzy, still feeling sick and bad now. Also got a werid pain on my left side. She did a quick intenal and said all mayb ok or it cud be eptopic so i have to rest up and go hosp in the morn for a scan.

Glad you are feeling a bit beta and your keeping your food down.

Michelle. x

I was sent home from work in week 8, it was horrendous. I cried because I felt like a total idiot. But, if you're not able to carry on it's perfectly acceptable. Don't feel bad :)

Felt faint and dizzy, still feeling sick and bad now. Also got a werid pain on my left side. She did a quick intenal and said all mayb ok or it cud be eptopic so i have to rest up and go hosp in the morn for a scan.

Glad you are feeling a bit beta and your keeping your food down.

Michelle. x

Yes try to rest up and not worry, I'm sure it'll be fine - I had my early scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding and everything was great, they had to do internal to see the baby but when they did it was amazing x

Thanks hun, Hope you feel better today.

Michelle. x

Thanks - I'm feeling better today, have morning off work for midwife appointment so can take things a bit easier which really helps. Best of luck with your scan today - hope you get a lovely pic! Xx

Not a whimp in the slightest, I've been off sick the past two days for some reason my sickness starts at around 9'on a night and lasts well in to the early hours its awful! I'm exhausted going the doctors today to see if he can give me anything! So I feel all your pain my oh on the other hand thinks its something to laugh at thin ice for him I can tell you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back