Feeling Miserable

Betula

Reaction score
For the first 6 weeks or so of pregnancy I had very mild morning sickness which I was quite relieved about. But last Sunday I started to feel quite ill, but assumed it was due to pink sausages. Sadly, 6 days later I still feel awful so I'm guessing the morning sickness has just got worse.

It's all pretty bad timing too since my sister from America has come over for three weeks. So instead of going out and doing lots of touristy things with her and the family, I'm stuck at home :(

Fortunately I'm not being sick, but I keep having to lie down and doing much of anything for long periods of time makes me feel sick. I'm a bit worried that I'll still feel like this in a week when I have to go back to work. I don't know if I'll be able to cope with going to work at this rate.

Really I just needed to have a moan because I'm having such a miserable time. I also have to miss out on a trip tomorrow that I was relly looking forward to. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over :(

oh luv.

Im trying to think back to what helped me first time around....
sucking on ginger sweets
Cream crackers in the morning
Small meals and lots of them. I found letting my gut get empty would make me feel rough
if you are sick, try and drink loads of water.

If i think of anything else that used to help me i will let you know

feel better soon :hug:

get some pizzas in, a dvd and a HUGE tub of icecream and every time you feel a bit rough, im sure your sister will appreciate sitting snuggled up on the sofa with you as much as going out all the time! :hug:

My advice is to get yourself over the doctors and get signed off for a week! I suffered really badly all through my pregnancy, right up until he popped out, but I will admit the sickness I felt in the latter half was 99.9% more bearable than the first few months.

Some people can't help being sick with pregnancy and most jobs understand this, my job was very very understanding :)

I found that wearing those travel sickness wrist bands helped, I was also prescribed some anti sickness tablets, which did take the edge of the sickness. Also just eat very bland things and without sounding too gross, things that (if you bring back up) won't sting your throat. I ate some chips with vinegar one time and my throat stung like mad after being sick.

Best of luck with your pregnancy hun and believe me once you hold your baby in your arms at the end, you'll think that all the sickness and feeling yukky was definately worth it!

I am hoping to do it all again next year...sickness and all! :shock:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel. Ive had really bad 24hr sickness since i was 6 weeks, it's finally starting to ease off a little now but i still have days when i can't even leave the house!
Sam&Alice is right - make sure your stomach is never completely empty cos thats when you will feel at your worst. I know you probably wont feel like eating but try and eat little and often.
The things that work for me and settle my stomach are:
Soup & Bread
Digestive biscuits (ginger biscuits didn't help for me)
Rice crispies
Ice lollies
Hot blackcurrant
Mash potato
And when its really bad i find a spoon of gaviscon can help, especially if im still feeling sick at bedtime.
Hope your feeling better soon.....x

Thanks for all the reassurance and advice. Tallulah, I've found that ginger biscuits are a bit much so I've started eating digestives, which seem to help.
I've also bought some cream crackers which I'll probably keep by the bed.
Annoyingly I've gone off steak pies and takeaway curry which I usually love, but icecream is still good. I also seem to be living off potatoes and cheese which the OH keeps mocking me about.
I may have to take more time off work; currently I'm on holiday until a week on Monday so I'll see how I feel. Anyway, off to watch Doctor Who and eat icecream, that should help me feel a bit better :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back