Feeling chuffed with choice of phone

Mamafy

Reaction score
In November my hubby's contract ran out, he didn't want a fancy phone as he works on a building site and there's no point as it could end up in a bucket of mortar! :lol: so he said you choose :dance:

So I choose the Blackberry curve 8250 in the new Violet colour :yay: The plan was I put in my payg sim and we cancel the contract on the old phone. I went to cancel it the other day (never got time to over Xmas) and they dropped my hubbys tariff from £45 to £15 for a good set of minutes and loads of texts so we decided to keep both contracts :dance:

So yesterday in pops the contract sim and suddenly the phone takes on a new life :yay:

It really is a good phone and I've set my email on it too which is brilliant and I've unlimited internet :oooo: 600 minutes and unlimited texts, my hubby is a crazy man :rofl:

So what phone do you have?

OH has a BB curve and he loves it now although he had a few problems to start with - something to do with the Blackberry service pack but that got sorted.

I have a Nokia E71 which I really like.....except for the x, s and z keys are missing from Hebe getting peckish and scoffing them....:roll:

e71.jpg

I got it because it's Nokia and is great for the internet....me being an addict an all.....

Oh and I dont like touch screens because they get all smudgy.....(Virgo neat freak)

I've got the same as you :D Upgraded last week from the old blackberry curve and I'm loving the new one! I'm still on PAYG for the internet but this one has wifi so I'm assuming while I'm at home it's using that rather than its network to connect (I hope so anyway the amount of tiem I'm spending on fb on it :lol:)

I'm with Mervs Mum on the touch screens...

I'd love an iPhone but the finger prints would do my nut in...:lol:

I love the scroll button on the curve, I went to use Cara's phone the other day and physically couldn't work it; was scrolling instead :rofl:

Your phone looks ace Lisa, Nokia phones are really good :D

I'm the same with fingerprints :)oops: virgo too)

Last edited:
:yay: for new phones! We just upgraded our phones at the end of December (I am terrible at losing/breaking/spontaneously combusting phone technology with the :wink: of an eye) and we have Palm Pre phones each.

THEY ROCK!!!

Like the Blackberry Violet - v. pretty. I also have unlimited internet access on the Palm, access direct to Facebook, Twitter etc.etc. and it can have 60 applications open at one time. LOVE it! Has a touch screen but also a full keyboard, which means it's a bit easier to type....
palm-pre.jpg

Last edited:
Oh away to google, haven't heard of that :yay:

Oh Toffeepop it's gorgeous, very similar to the i-phone :yay:

It's on 02 and with our upgrade deal, we went to a business tariff. SO stupid that they don't tell you that it's an option IMO, because we have 300 mins, 300 texts (doesn't sound a lot but read on), FREE calls and texts to other 02 users (which most of our friends are due to having iPhones) and 10 freelandline numbers on top of the allowance. It also has unlimited web access and a 12 month upgrade even on an 18 month contract. It's wicked. AND it's taken us from £35 a month each from before, to only 24 a month.

Bargainous! :D :yay: Love my phone!

:yay: Sounds great, from what I've read on my contract (24 month contract) I think I can get an upgrade at 12 months but I'm a converted blackberry lover and have no doubt I'll go for another :D

Last edited:
Blackberry phones are lovely :) Just the Palm Pre really caught my eye. Was going to go for an iPhone but hated the touch screen only thing on it. People were saying "but it's such a better phone..>" and no, it's just the applications are made for it . The Palm will catch up...

I'll see where I am in 12 months' time and may change to Blackberry as the keyboards are better :rofl: And here's me, only got my first phone at the end of 2004...

:lol:

I love the keyboard on the blackberry, I did find messaging fiddly at first and kept effin and blindin every time I went to text :lol: but think I've sussed it now. I kept losing my contacts as well :lol: but again that's another thing I've sussed :thumbup:

From the reviews I've seen on the Palm it's rating as high if not better on some aspects as the iphones :thumbup: and the keyboard is a winner :yay:

Lol I have the iPhone and to be honest I am in love I don't think I couldn't not have another phone lol the apps are the best bit lol x x

Scaredmum2be that looks great :thumbup: great camera on it :D

Lol I have the iPhone and to be honest I am in love I don't think I couldn't not have another phone lol the apps are the best bit lol x x

The iphone does look pretty cool :D but I think the touch screen would bother me :wall2:

i have a boring nokia ahah
6600 slide model
nokia-6600-slide-00.jpg

i just cant use any other phone apart from nokias and this one was neat and small as i cant stand massive phones :(
i have it on 800mins and unlimited texts with free internet :D

Last edited:
that looks a great phone rachel, hubbys last was a 6500 slide and it was cool :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back