Faulty Contract Phone

monster_munch

Reaction score
My husband has a Sony Erricsson phone on contract and has had it about 9 months but for the past 3 months it has been freezing like mad and switching itself off randomly. As it is a contract phone is he entitled to get it fixed at all? I can't see anything on the O2 webiste about it :think:

My OH had a phone from o2 a sony ericsson one which did exactly the same as your hubbys phone and he phoned them and told them and they had another one sent out and the faulty one collected. Not sure how long he had the phone for tho :think:
However the replacement is not that great either but he cant be arsed to swap again :roll:

I have had 3 K850i phones from O2 since October last year cause they all broke somehow, i have now been sent the Sony ericcson C902 as a replacement which keeps putting itself on the net so i have to call them about that to. Before o2 i was with Vodafone and i never had a problem with there phones, i only changed networks cause they started changing the contracts.

Thanks for that - we'll ring them later :)

Sounds like it's a Sony thing - DH is jealous now as we got our phones at the same time on the same contract. He got his Sony and I got the Nokia N95 and he was constantly bragging that his was better and now he wants mine - ha ha ha... no chance!!

I love sony's

it should have 12 months warrantly on it :)

Urchin said:
I love sony's

I do like the sony ericssons too :)
The ones i have had have all been fine and great no problems, it just seems that the one OH has is not a great design for them. Cant think of the model number but the three top selection buttons are touchscreen and these he has a problem with plus the fact it switches off and he has had trouble also with battery life.

Charlie - that's the one DH has.

My Nokia has awful battery life and the camera is slow but I love it.

I've had Sony's the last 3 phones before this and loved them, but DH got dibs on his and we couldn't have the same or it would have become very confusing!

Well I had a pocket pc from orange last year. It was faulty from day one. They wouldnt do anything about it when I went in (15 days after having it). They told me it was past the 14 days so there was nothing thye could do unless I paid to have it fixed. I told them I was not paying and walked out. Well after 6 months it finally packed in completely. I couldn't do anything with it. I went in and told them and they agreed to let me pay £70 emergency insurance to cover the fixing of it. I said fine do what ever I need a phone but your service sucks.

Well a few weeks later I had the shock of my life!!!!! A £455 bill on my bank statement from orange!!!!!!!!

Long story short I couldnt cancel my contract at the end of the 12 months until I had fought to get my money back. So I had to pay an extra 5 months line rental. In the end I got £200 back. It wasn't worth it though as I had rung up huge bills trying to get my money back in the first place and paid line rental for an extra 5 months at £40 a go!!

SO GUYS BE WARY OF ORANGE!!!

Urchin said:
I love sony's

Me too!! My last one I hated as half of the keys cracked, but this one (K850i) is fab and I have had no problems

My OH has a Sony Ericsson which is also faulty. but T-Mobile won't help us. He's had problems with it since he's had it, it's also the second one as he sent the first back straight away. It keeps freezing and turning itself off. It has a little red light come on just as it does it.

soverign said:
SO GUYS BE WARY OF ORANGE!!!

:? Orange don't randomly rip people off. Sounds like you've had bad service - you maybe should have looked into it more at the start of your contract when it first went faulty.. sales of goods act says if your phone is faulty within 28 days of purchase you are entitled to a) cancel it or b) get a brand new replacement foc. You should have been told that. I'd have been well pissed off and taken it a lot further.

monster_munch - You have 12 months manufacturers warranty with Sony Ericsson but you would have to contact them directly and would result in the phone being sent off to be repaired rather than a direct replacement. Because your within 6 months of purchase the place you got the phone from (ie direct from network/carphone warehouse) may offer a replacement as I know sales of goods act did change to include that. Again that may just be for a repair service though. :D

dont get me started :evil: i took a sony c902 from phones4u on orange. i went back a month later as it keep freezing and switching off and videos wouldnt play properly. They sent it away to be fixed. fair enough. Waited 10 days and got it back and it was exactly the same. :evil: went and complained and they just said they could send it away again, and they WONT replace it. Basically i told them to stuff it and told them they have crap customer service. So i sold it to someone who could fix it and got a nokia n95 8gb, which i absolutely love. i honestly think phones4u are sh*t. When you go in to get a new contract, they see to you straight away, when you go in cos your phones playing up, they made me wait 30 mins with screaming kids even though there were 3 assisstants free. NEVER AGAIN!

My OH used to work for Carphone Warehouse as a mobile phone repair engineer and he says that if the handset is under 12 months old take it into a Carphone Warehouse repair centre (you can find them on their website) with proof of purchase (not always necessary as they can tell from the handset when it was made) and they can usually fix them instore, if not, they will send them away for you and give you a loan phone (with a deposit) while its away.

They repair most manafacturers as well :)

The replacement handsets that the networks send out are secondhand refurbishment models so it's no wonder they have faults too, at least with Carphone Warehouse you get your own handset back.

Remeber to take off any naughty photos, etc. though as my OH used to have great fun finding them on peoples handsets in for repair :lol:

clairescunny55 said:
dont get me started :evil: i took a sony c902 from phones4u on orange. i went back a month later as it keep freezing and switching off and videos wouldnt play properly. They sent it away to be fixed. fair enough. Waited 10 days and got it back and it was exactly the same. :evil: went and complained and they just said they could send it away again, and they WONT replace it. Basically i told them to stuff it and told them they have crap customer service. So i sold it to someone who could fix it and got a nokia n95 8gb, which i absolutely love. i honestly think phones4u are sh*t. When you go in to get a new contract, they see to you straight away, when you go in cos your phones playing up, they made me wait 30 mins with screaming kids even though there were 3 assisstants free. NEVER AGAIN!

Yep totally agree with you about phones4u. OH and i have had terrible service from them in the past. They also made us wait ages when i was pregnant to sort out returning a phone, funny when i went in there today to have a nosy at the latest phones they were quick to jump on me.
Sorry but i certainly wont be getting my mobiles from there :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back