can someone help me understand my new phone contract?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Ok so I had a sim only contract set up in my mums name from 02.
I went into carphone warehouse today and 'upgraded' my sim only contracted to a full contract in my name and so it comes out of my bank and got a new phone.

The lady put my old sim in my new phone but gave me a new sim and said my old number shud be tranferrred to it in about 3 days and then i can putt he new sim in my new phone.

But she said to call up 02 and ask them when I can start to use my new contract.

I called up 02 and he said that I will get billed on the 20th december and then another bill on 4th january because iv set up a new contract and after that it should be fine & get 1 monthly bill.

He said I can use my new contract from tomorrow and have the free internet etc (but obv wont be able to until i can put the new sim card in the new phone, so in about 3 days).

But the women in carphone warehouse said I wont be able to use my new contract until my next payment is taken out wich is on the 20th yet 02 said i can use it from tomorrow.

Im sooo baffled as to how this works, as i dont want to use it tomorrow and then get charged for using internet when it should be free.

just wondered if anyone has changed over to a contract and when they could start using it???

Sorry if tht made no sence lol

Last edited:
Have to admit hun I'm confused lol

You should be able to use your contract (with correct sim) from the day it's activated!

okay hun, thank you :)
Im jsut confused as women in carphonewarhouse said I wont be able to use it till my next payments taken out, but 02 said i can after midnight tonight.
Hmmm

1st day of your billing is tomorrow? If so thats the day you should be able to use it from x

first day of billing is 20th december hun. but 02 said it dont mater n i can use it straight away, but got told diferant at phone shop :S

Ring o2 again hun and confirm this again if I was you I would also take the name or work number of the person you called for future reference (note the time and date of call too).

God that's confusing. Think I'd just ring and ask again lol. X

Thanks peeps!
I rung again and told them I was still proper confused and she explained it to me again and its now all up and running.
The date on the 4th is when my bill comes out my bank and the 20th is when like all my monthly allowences gets set to 0 if ya get what i mean lol xx

Blackberry bold 9700 in white :D
loove it so much lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back