Feeling a bit left out!

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Hiiii!!

Right, every week in our office we do a breakfast run, and every week before I knew I was pregnant I had a sausage and runny egg bap (NOMMY!!!)

And now apparently we can't have runny egg, but someone said we can.

Can we have runny egg, providing there is no see through slimy stuff on it? Just a nice runny yolk :shock:.

Could kill for some boiled eggs!!! Lol.

Also I'm hating all this, no eating of Pate and crap, I love pate :(.

Hey Hun I didn't eat any runny eggs at all whilst pregnant....think it's do to with salmonale (sp) x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

You can't have runny eggs as there is a risk of Listeria ... which can harm the baby.

I miss them too!

As long as they have the lion stamp (roar!) then one every so often won't hurt :). I've had 3 so far and they were AMAZING! Don't make a habit of it though, just to be safe.

:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

Lol thanks ladies.

I find it really silly, I know it's to do with babies health which obviously I want my Bubba to be perfect as we all do!

But makes me wonder, I went to visit my Nan in hospital last night and we were talking about the Bubba and she was saying back in her day, you had no scans, no midwife appointments, nothing just was pregnant and ate what they want when they wanted and popped them out at the end and that was that, perfectly healthy babies.

I know theres probably studies to prove that it harms the baby etc and things like that but the media is so overrated now a days they probably would tell you not to say boo to a ghost if it hurt them!!

It's like doctor said, "No pate, no cold meats, no raw eggs or runny eggs, but don't go wrapping yourself up in cotton wool"... I was thinking, yet I can do what the hell I like but not eat certain foods!?

Lol. Baffles me!

It's to do with a risk of salmonella, but that risk is very low in the uk if it's lion stamped eggs. I had a couple during my pregnancy, I wouldnt advise you go back to every week, but one now and then should be ok.

Xxx

I wouldn't risk it personally. I'd kill for runny boiled eggs with soldiers to dip in, but it just takes 1 egg to be bad to do harm.
9 months isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things to go without a runny egg x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The one that got me was... No shark! Because that's a regular dinner time meal in my house.........................................

The one that got me was... No shark! Because that's a regular dinner time meal in my house.........................................

My mw advised me against eating shark too lol. I didn't even know shark was eatable! Lol. I've never known a person who's eaten shark!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

But makes me wonder, I went to visit my Nan in hospital last night and we were talking about the Bubba and she was saying back in her day, you had no scans, no midwife appointments, nothing just was pregnant and ate what they want when they wanted and popped them out at the end and that was that, perfectly healthy

It makes me wonder too. My friend didn't know she was pregnant so she ate everything, went to the gym all the time, got drunk with the girls, rolled around on the ground with big burly guys (she's a copper), had no scans or midwife appointments and gave birth to a perfect 6lb baby girl.

My thing was stilton cheese...and thats what I keep craving!!! But can't have it for the same reasons :(
Titch, the same thing happened my friend, she was out drinking, dieting etc...and had a very healthy 8Ib girl in January!!

I miss my usual Friday night treat of swordfish and chips lol x

The thing is, a runny egg can give you salmonella when you're not pregnant, and the risk of contracting it isn't higher when pregnant, it's just that it's not just you that would be affected if you did get it.
I ate runny eggs every week before being pregnant and I eat them occasionally now, but didn't have any until after 12 weeks. Think I've probably had 5 or 6 since being pregnant.

I know there are some things that you really mustn't eat, but sometimes I think they go a bit overboard with the guidelines! x

I think sometimes it is a bit ridiculous. As the OP said, years ago women were just normal in pregnancy and their babies were fine :) xx

Exactly! I'm sat here eating my Sausage and Egg bap, however the eggs come to me bloody hard!!! Lol.

Typical! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back