Advice please as i'm at a complete loss

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Little miss pink, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Little miss pink

Little miss pink Well-Known Member

Hello ladies

Although i'm reluctant to accept that i'm definetly pregnant (viable pregancy) until my scan confirms either way i am treating my body as if it were.

I think i know the general do's and don't and i've read a few threads on here. But one thing i'm confused on is, i had a fried egg and sausage this lunch time and the yolk was a bit runny then I've just come on here and read the do's and don'ts and it says that eggs should be hard boiled.

So now i'm panicking a bit.

Was the egg i had this lunchtime a definete no no!!

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

2. sunnyday

sunnyday Well-Known Member

Please, please, please do NOT panic! You won't have done the bean any harm at all. :hug:

The reason the advice is to not eat runny eggs in pregnancy is incase you get salmonella. This is EXTREMELY unlikely as most eggs are vaccinated against salmonella and even if they weren't it would be a very, very small chance of you getting poorly from it.

I accidentally ate a raw egg in a carbonara, I've eaten goats cheese, peanuts, parma ham, prawns........ honestly the risks are so low you just have to take some of it with a pinch of salt.

Just think of all those ladies who don't know they are pregnant who are out on the lash every night!!

3. Little miss pink

Little miss pink Well-Known Member

Thank you for that

I really needed someone to say there's no need to panic i should really by a book that explains it all but puts it into perspective but i don't want to temp fate as of yet!

Thanks for reassuring me!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

LMP x