eggs?

I find it funny about the food warnings. I have been eating runny yolks and things like egg nog my whole life and not once got sick from it, I can't imagine the chance of it happening only now while I am pregnant. I think, like a PP said, it's very rare. If you have the stamped eggs I can imagine it will be even more rare! It's the same thing with meat from a meat counter, you aren't to eat it while pregnant because of listerosis but I have never gotten it before. So strange how much more concerned we become.

lol im glad i dont like eggs with runny yolks, cant miss out then.

Well the point is that when you are pregnant your immune system is not as good as before so you can easilyu get salmonella or lysteria even if its rare and never happened before. The same comes for common colds etc etc. Easier to catch now.

Oh I used to love eggs mashed in a cup with a bit of butter and ketchup
But since getting pregnant I haven't been able to face eggs at all, the smell and the thought of them is yucky lol

However as with most things you shouldn't have in pregnancy, I think you need to be sensible about it all, don't stop yourself from having everything cus you will drive yourself mad, let yourself have things just buy them sensibly, so buy decent eggs, cook them yourself and if you want em runny then have them runny
As much as all the warnings are there for a reason, equally the chances of getting these things is ridiculously small nowadays espeacially kn this country

I find a little bit of ketchup adds a nice touch to it :) give it a try next time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back