Feeling a bit frightened, is this normal?

babyroo

Reaction score
This is my first baby and having my first scan on friday morning.
The only thing is I'm feeling so frightened about it. Don't get me wrong I am thrilled about being pregnant, I'm just really worried that they are not going to find anything or there is something wrong.
I have had morning sickness, sore breasts etc which people say are signs of a healthy pregnancy but i just cant stop worrying.
Does anyone else feel the same?

Awww babe :hug:

I'm pretty sure every pregnant woman feels the same about their first scan....I know I did! It is such a nervewracking time its only natural to worry :hug:

I'm sure everything will be fine, I remember at my dating scan lying on the bed and waiting for her to say 'I'm sorry there's been a mistake'......but sure enough there was a little baby on the screen - surreal!

Lots of luck for Friday & welcome to the forum :hug:

Oh babes it's fine honestly. I was exactly the same with my first scan 6w5d and was terrified they wouldn't see the heartbeat or something. I actually had a few really moody days before the 12 week scan also incase something was wrong, I didn't realise I was worried about them it was only after when DH said "are you going to be happier now" that I sort of asked "huh, what do you mean" to be told the past few days I was getting really snappy and upset easily etc. I honestly hadn't noticed. I'm thrilled to be pregnant and love my little 'pudding' so much already it's crazy but I do (still) get really wound up and nervous before the appointments despite knowing that now I really should be more ok than ever. It's hard I know I just want little pudding to be here already so I can start caring for him/her properly without wondering if she or he is ok. It's perfectly normal, your bean will be just fine. Enjoy the scan it's an amazing experience. xx

Before I had my scan I was terrified that something was wrong I even thought that when I had the scan all they would find is an empty womb and no baby! I convinced myself that it was my body all messed up giving off the pregnancy hormones for no reason, I even thought that maybe it could be a phantom pregnancy but when I saw the baby on the screen and saw the little heart beat I just wanted to cry with relief. From what I have read it's perfectly normal to have these worries and most of us do. Like someone on this forum said to me it's just the sign of a good parent.

Like all the others have said, its perfectly natural to be a bit scared. I was scared that there was nothing there which is why I had a scan at 7 weeks but all was well.
You will be fine, just enjoy it, its amazing seeing your wee baby :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your posts,they made me feel a bit better. Baby Roo is the nickname my husband and i have for our little bean. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow just can't believe how quickly time has flown by.

hey babyroo,
im scared too, but im sure everything will work out just fine!
good luck for friday! and look forward to seeing ur bubba :) :hug:

I think i will be nervous before my 1st scan too. I am sure it is normal

Lots of luck for your scan! It will be lovely to finally see your baby

xx

Yes this is very normal. I was very nervous before all 3 of my scans!

Hey, I have my first scan on wednesday, and i am terrified! I have to go on my own too, and I'm so scared it will be bad news. So you're not on your own! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back