Feeling a bit alone

madam bully

Reaction score
I know I am only 5 weeks gone but I feel a bit let down by everyone. My OH just keeps moaning about my moods, seems a bit distant and everytime I ask him about things he says he excited about it all and he does love me but I just feel really alone with it all. My mum has not called me once since I told her, OH's family call but only to tell us where we should have the baby and what they did when they were pregnant, which is the only way to do it! I have told 2 of my sisters and they haven't called either, it's like I am the only one that thinks this is big news :cry:

I admit I have been moody and tired and tearful but silly things are really getting to me. Usually me and OH will always sit on the same sofa cuddling, the last week I have had to sit on the other sofa as he wants to stretch out?!?! I know it's a rubbish thing to bring up but it's really getting to me and I have said something.

Does anyone else feel like this?

My OH has been brilliant since I found out Im pregnant although he doesn't seem to understand HORMONES! It get's on my nerves and he is always asking why I keep moaning at him. I have to keep reminding him that most pregnant women have raging hormones and if he thinks this is bad then he had better hope I don't get post natal depression!

Maybe it's alot for your OH to take in, give him sometime and if he is still the same towards you have a serious chat with him and find out exactly whats on his mind and why he is being like this. As for his family trying to tell you where to have the baby, remind them that it's your baby and you will have it where you want.

I have only told my best friend who has been fantastic, I asked her to be my birthing partner too as OH will most likely pass out and is useless with blood.
But to be honest I have found myself wanting to be on my own a lot this last week because I want to not deal with other peoples problems when I am so wound up and I want to be alone with my bubs inside me...silly isn't it, I just feel relaxed and peaceful then.
DOn't forget though that we have hormones that make us excited more than others about this life inside us, to us it is happening and we have sore nipples to prove it :rotfl: to others at this early stage there is nothing to see or feel. Just moods, tears, tantrums and more hormonal rages!
I wouldn't worry soon as you start to show people will be flocking around you asking how you are to the point you will want to punch people. :D

awww hunny, you are right it is a big thing, regarding your OH it does take some men a little time to get into the spirit.
When I found out I was pregnant with our first, my DH would say he was excited but didnt seem to bothered, when I got a bump and baby kicked it all seemed real to him.
As for family, well I am afraid you will get bombarded with advice now for the next nine months and beyond, about the right way to do something etc.
Just do what you think is right and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!! xxx

Once he sees the scan things will change. I had a scan last night and my hubby said it feels real to him now. He's been all kissy cuddly now and even kissed my tummy and said good bye to it this morning before he left. :oops:

Thank you all for your support :)

I mentioned earlier a few things to him and he knows how I feel and told me that our families are probably used to people having babies now but to ignore them and we can just be excited together!

I just think it will take him longer than me seeing as he cannot have any clue how my body is reacting.

Last night I told my OH that I wish he could be pregnant for a day just to see how it feels. He wouldn't be moaning about my mood swings then.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad.

Maybe your OH just needs a little time to adjust to the news, I m sure he will come round. If not try having a word with him, he probably doesnt even realise what he s being like. Men!

Pm me anytime you want a chat or a rant

Hi,

I have to say my DH and I are thrilled about our pregnancy, he's been so supportive and even said nothing despite my frequent change in moods :shock: anyway our dissapointment came from family reaction really. They would say silly things like "your mad" and later followed with "but hey congratulations". I always imagined my family getting so excited, shreeking with delight and really making a fuss of their future neice/nephew, grand-daughter/son etc but it's not happened in the slightest. I've been told congratulations and all but nothing since.

I know I'm ahead of you (12w2d today) but I live minute from Hove, we could always have a big celebrate pregnancy party together if you wanted!! Cheer each other on! Feel free to PM me anytime!

Nicola xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back