Feeling a bit low

orangefluff

Reaction score
It's more than likely just hormones but I'm feeling pretty low this evening. :sad:

I got my scan appointment through today which I was happy about as it's come through really quick really considering what a lot of you have been through - I haven't even seen the M/W yet! It's on the 19th May so not long to wait and am looking forward to it so I can stop worrying and start enjoying being pregnant!
But then I realise that I'll probably have to go on my own as OH goes away on Sunday for 3 weeks and there's nobody else around who could come with me. Also I asked him to take me out for dinner tonight as he's only just got home from being away and he's going out with his workmates on Friday night (I'm not allowed) and he's away again on Sunday. We did but had a massive row beforehand because I'm fed up of him leaving his kit lying about everywhere and never helping me in the house. I was also hoping that we could talk about the baby at dinner but all he did was talk about work, his course he's going on and politics (he NEVER talks about politics for God's sake!!!)!!
I feel like he's avoiding the subject, or he's sick of it already or something.
I'm really far away from friends and family and haven't told anyone yet except my Mum and one friend and my friend has 2 little ones of her own so hands full!
I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself but I'm also worrying about the fact that he's probably going to be away when the little one's born and for months afterwards. I'm a bit scared to tell the truth.

Anyway, I think it might have helped to get that out but sorry for the rant!! It's great to know that I can pop on here anytime and get my fill of babytalk!

xxxxx

arrr hun sorry ur feeling bit down. thats a bit rubbish for u that hes away so much. i hope u feeling bit better soon xxx

Aw hun sorry to hear that. Politics are enough to send anyone insane!Its not nice to feel like that, my OH leaves his bits laying around and it drives me bonkers...even more so since hormones started cursing through my veins. Maybe you could call your GP or M/W and ask if there is any woman in similar position to you and see if you could buddy up for scans? Its a big thing in USA apparently! Failing that if OH is away would your mum come and stay with you for a few days over scan day just for that moral support? x

Thanks girls, yes I was hoping my Mum might come up and come with me, she lives 3 hrs away and only has Tuesdays off but hopefully she can. I texted her earlier about the scan though and she hasn't replied. It's probably just that she's out of credit or something but I thought she would have at least rung me.
I know I'm sure it'll be fine and anyway loads of women go to their scan on their own, I just always pictured myself going with my OH and now I feel like I'm on my own in this. He's in the army you see and before it bothered me that work was his priority but now it's upsetting me even more. He didnt even need to go on this course he volunteered to do it and I really need him at the moment as he's all I've really got. I knwo I have to get used to being on my own though :(

Aw honey x big hugs x men can feel a bit unconnected from it all x maybe you could book a private scan for when he gets back to help it feel more real for him x I forget sometimes that OH can't feel what I'm feeling and he's always been really great but when I mentioned getting a Doppler he was like a child with the excitement! Lol x hormones are probably magnifying everything but I think you have valid points x x I hope you feel better soon and can find someone to go to scan x

Poor you, know how you feel, me and hubby are in the forces and if all goes well with this pregnancy then he will almost certainly miss all the scans (he's being sent to scotland for a bit) and is definitely being sent away Nov-May/June. Little bean is due mid Dec so he might get back if he can be spared for paternity leave for 2 weeks but I will have to be a single mummy for the first 6-7 months. My mum also lives 2 hours away from me, scares me sometimes thinking about it but then I remember how much I want this little baby and I just focus on that instead.

I am planning on going to ante natal classes and stuff to meet other mums to be in my area so I can try and build a support network for myself at home.

Big hugs orange xx i know how u feel, when i first found out and told OH i used to think he would do anything to change the subject but then we spoke about it and he said it was because it still hadnt sunk in and coz he didnt feel any different physically it didnt seem real, as if we were kinda in a little daydream, but since the scan and buying a little babysuit and now he can do 'manly' things like choosing prams lol hes become loads more excited and evolved, he was happy before but now i know his head is totally in it. maybe ur OH is a bit scared, it can be daunting, even I had a little cry last night coz i just realised what is happening lol! xxxxx

Thanks all of you. We had a bit of a talk the other night - mainly because I burst into tears and it was unavoidable! I didn't realise how hard things are for him too, thinking about me being on my own while he's away and if anything happens not being able to help me, that kind of thing. I just wish he'd let me know this stuff more so I don't just feel bad and bottle stuff up!

I'm still worried and scared and very sad that he'll miss out on so much but I'm going to focus on having my little one at the end of and that's all that matters. I do realise now thought that I need to involve him more in talking about things and not just think - oh well you won't be here anyway.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back