Feel like hospital is new home!

frankie247

Reaction score
On Friday, after being extremely sick all day and unable to keep anything down and also not feeling baby, I ended up at the delivery ward at the hospital.

They stuck me on a ctg, but on the first reading her heartbeat dropped, so I ended up having the time increased by 15 minutes, the dr still wasn't happy so ended up on another 20 minute ctg.

I arrived at 5.30 I got home just before 11pm - they decided I needed a scan and because it was Friday night decided not to keep me in, but to get me to return this morning.

Got there and had a ctg which was pretty normal, but they've said I need to go in twice a week now for a ctg for the next few weeks, then at the beginning of June, I'll have a scan and a review and they'll decide what to do next. The good news though is she's head down :)

Anyone else had similar? A friend says that if it keeps happening they may induce me early - how likely is this? I don't want her to arrive before 37 weeks - however, by the time they next few weeks have gone by ill be about 34 weeks anyway.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, how scary. I've had no experience of this but I didn't want to read and run. Do they know what was causing hear heart rate to drop? I guess they'd only induce you early if they thought there was a risk to either of you. I really hope things calm down a bit and she stays put for a little while longer! :hug:

My, that must have been very frightening at the time!! Like Babyelmo I have no experience of this but didnt want to RnR either. Really hope your LO stays in and cooks until 37 weeks and that they find out whats causing the issue.

I can imagine that the sickness was awful, but good thing that you when in and they found out this other issue!!

xx

Oh how scary! Hope everything's ok hun and hopefully baby doesn't come too early! Ur in my thoughts xxx

That must be pretty worrying!
Hope baby stays put for a while longer - sorry I can't offer any advice, have no experience with this myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back