At home - back from hospital again!!-UPDATE

fuffins1981

Reaction score
20.32 19th June 2008

I have just got home. Been discharged again!

Went in last night. Was having contractions. But my cervix has only chnaged a little bit. Is now 2cm dilated.

Doctor checked this morning and said I am in early labour. In the latent phase. She said baby coould come anytime or take days.

The MW I had in the morning was lovely. Was on a postnatal ward, as the antenatal ward was full. The one this afternoon was obviously on a mission to get more beds free. I was on the CTG before I was discharged. She said I am still contracting, but to go home and if they get worse come back :x :)

My doc warned this morning that if I do go home I have to come back in if my waters break - straight away....as bubs keeps disengaging and the polyhydromnias could make the cord prolapse.

So, I am here, at home, in pain and just wondering if and when things will kick off :D

Thank you for all the messages ladies.

11.04 am

I am still having regular pains. I am going to take a walk down to my moms. 1) Walking may help (well hobbling with crutches) 2) my mom and sister are there and can keep an eye on me.

Thank you for the messages girls. I forgot to say my hospital was so busy they shut it off to admissions. I think this has a huge impact on any care we got.

I am very upset and disappointed with the treatment. I am 37 weeks now. Yet they treat me like someone of a lt less. Anpother lady in my bay was given an internal the same day by a doc off her team, and she was ony 33+1!!!!

I am sooo fed up :( and frustrated :wall:

You will know the details from the great updates joj gave you :)

Anyway, throughout tuesday evening pains got increasingly worse. So, I asked the midwife if she can do an internal to see if my dilation had progressed. She said 'yes...time your pains. If they are regular, will do an internal'

So, I timed them, told her and she did nothing except give me paracetomal!! :x

At around 4 I spoke to her and she put me on a CTG...The CTG measured many of my pains....but some really strong tightenings I was getting it was staying on zero :? I told her this, but she just laughed.

When CTG was finished I askedif she was going to do the examination now. She said no, as the CTG showed I have an irritable uterus and nothing more.

This got me sooo mad. I had been losing proper bloody shows all evening, was having tightenings and pain every 3-5 mins and she was fobbing me off!!

So, I said I was going home. A I am fed up of sitting there and knowig nothing. She said to me they only do internals on full term ladies. I said I am full term now. Her reply was, just about.

So, I packed my bag, and went.

Some of you may think this was silly, but I simply could not take anymore of being fobbed off.

So, I am at home now....in a lot of discomfort and pain.....But sooo glad to be away from that hospital.

Thank you so much for all the lovely messages in joj's update thread. I have written a special thank you in there.

Speak to you all soon I hope :D

Sophs :hug: :hug: :hug:

I can not believe you have been made to feel this way.
Clearly you should still be in hospital but I ubderstand why you left.
Is there not another hospital???
Hun I am worried!!!!!!!!

Hon!! what a nightmare for you, not been on much so sorry i've missed it all. Sooooo angry for you, grr want me to come down and sort them out!!!!

Have you got someone at home with you?

:hug:

I don't blame you for leaving.

Is there any other hospitals you can go to??

you poor thing, she had no right to deny your request. i hope you got details of the complaint proceedure before you left???
Sandi

aw hun! :hug: :hug: :hug:

What a witch of a midwife! They seem to forget that they are dealing with human beings sometimes. :x

Very similar happened to me, I went into labour and went into hospital after about 4 hours at home and was sent home after another 4 in the hospital, basically because they were too busy and as my waters hadnt broke i wasnt seen as being a priority.

Just keep walking about, take a nice warm bath, and as soon as the pains get any worse get yourself back to hospital and make sure you dont take no for an answer. When i went back in i refused to go home again so they gave me some diamorphine and put me on the prenatal ward.

Good luck chicken. Hope your LO is here very soon!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry hun. They must know how useless the CTG can be at picking up contractions - I was having them every minute lasting ages and it wasn't picking them up at all so it ended up with the midwife with her hand on my belly. :hug: :hug:

Full term, so if you go back on Friday she would look? That sounds stupid to me!

I would have left too, the way you are being treated is terrible!!
I think you should write a letter of complaint once this is all over!!
Happy full term by the way! :cheer:

Oo give me her name and number and I'll sort her our for you!

:evil: :evil:

Mx

:hug: Thats Awful! :evil:
you sound like me! I would have walked out too, (and have done in the past)

Silly Silly MW :evil: At my Hospital, they wont do internals until they are 100% convinced you are in full labour, BUT they do speculum exams instead. did she not offer a speculum exam?

Take care of yourself :hug: Go straight back if you need to, she will more than likely not be on shift again today.
X

oh no its bad enough being in pain without people like this to deal with! :hug: :hug:

awwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug:
you've had a right deal with that hospital havent you.

I hope you get to meet your baby soon.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

God, that bloody hospital have been a bit of a joke haven't they.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it won't be much longer for you.

Alex xxx

They sound like idiots to me not surprised you wanted to bugger off home!

Please keep us informed on how you are getting on love
xx

love hugs and kisses for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

vodoo doll pins in eyes for the c*** doctors and MW at your useless hospital :twisted: :twisted:

:shock: gosh i hope you are ok hun. the hospital sound a bit rubbish tbh-i'm not surprised you came home. hope you feel better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back