I Have Had An Induction Date

wend

Reaction score
Well i went for my antenatal appointment today and they have gave me an induction date for the 1st August 2007 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: .

That will make me 39 weeks but they did say that depending on babys growth it could be sooner but they have booked me in for the 1st August 2007 for now and then if things change they will get me in sooner.

Im sooo EXCITED i cant wait .

On the other hand i have to go to the antenatal clinic every week now and to make things worse they have upped my insulin levels as the insulin aint controlling my blood sugar levels .

I have to go hospital on the 9th for a CTG and then i have to pop by the antenatal to see consultants .

Baby is currently weighing in at just over 6LBS

As anyone had a CTG before and if so what happens ?

that's exciting wend! It's nice when you know the exact date, makes things easier :wink:

A CTG is a cardiotocography. It measures the baby's heartbeat and the unterine contractions. They basically strap two little monitors to your bump and let it run for about 30 mins. It gives a printout of the heartbeat and the contractions.

You'll most likely be attatched to one during the birth if you're being induced.

Hope it all goes well!
:hug:

Yay... Your induction date is the same as mine (if I get that far!) Wend. :D

I've got an appt with the consultant for 27th July when I'll be 41+3 and he'll decide then what we should do.

Don't worry about the CTG it's nothing and I've had one a couple of times already this pregnany (when I had the blackouts). You'll be fine. :)

:hug:

Hi

Yay how exciting hope all goes well until then :)
Katrina

Great Wend! it is nice to know a date isn't it? CTC is fine exactly as described above and is fun too because you can hear you baby's heart beating - I love having one. Here's hoping all goes well for you and babe. :D

BTW if that is an accurate measurement of your baby at almost 35 weeks I think you are doing really well. Upping the insulin is to help maintain your levels. Try to find out what will happen with baby after birth ie with the effects of high glucose and insulin. Remember your baby is making his or her own insulin in addition to getting a dose of your injections too. Get as much info as you can. Ask how the baby's perinatal period will be managed with this in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back