Feeding times

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
I am mainly bottle feeding my 6 week old baby now (he still has boob in the night and usually once in the day). If you formula feed do you wait until baby is giving feeding cues and looking for food or do you just offer the bottle at set times eg every 3-4 hours regardless of whether they're looking for food? xx

I have FF since birth and go with what my son wants. I wait until he's looking for a bottle before I feed him. Could be 2 hours could be 5 hours. Just go with baby. My son is also 6 weeks and is only now starting to form a slight routine with feeds x

Its the same as bfing, wait until he wants a feed

As above, wait for feeding cues. I tend to find catching it before they get to the crying stage makes for a better feed as if they get too hungry they gulp it down and get loads of wind!

Thanks ladies, I have been feeding on demand but noticed another mum offered her baby bottles at set times before he was looking for food so was doubting myself! Thanks again xx

I don't think there's any wrong or right, feeding on demand is fine as is offering bottles at a set time. Our girls were low birth weights so we were on a feeding regime of every 3 hours. They're now a month old and I feed on demand unless they go over 4 hours, this is to make sure they maintain their growth. Could be the other mum was on a feeding regime or there was a concern about weight gain. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back