routine all gone to pot...

hayley

Reaction score
Has anyone else found their baby feeding routine has gone to pot? I was feeding jacob every 3 1/2 hours - 5 bottles a day inc breakfast and evening meal... but lately he desn't seem interested in his breakfast. In fact he screams, cries and spits when i try to feed him.... His first bottle at 7.30am he loves and drinks the whole 8oz... but then his 11.00am (fruit or oats with bottle) he just wont take! Could he still be full up from his 7.30am bottle? The thing is i need to feed him every 3 1/2 hours to fit in 5 feeds before bed... (he doesn't wake up any more for a nite time feed) His last one is 9.30pm...

7.30am - bottle
11am - food and bottle
2.30pm - bottle
6pm - food and bottle
9.30pm - bottle then bed...

What is everyone else's routine. Not sure if to skip 11am and feed him at 12 instead...

Also how do you all manage to get out and about with baby food? (heating up jars? how?) i'm finding that i'm planning my day around Jacobs feeds. I don't mind feeding him a bottle when we're out but not brave enough to give him food....

x

my sister doesnt warm leo's jar feeds

depending how much jar food he eats he generally doesnt take all that much if any of his milk

my sister doesnt appaer to have a fixed time bottle routine if that makes sense...

he gets fed whenever he gets up then he usually wakes up 4 hours later, if he doesnt wake up for a feed, he doesnt get that feed, and he just takes a bit more at his next feed when he does get up.

hope this helps x

thanks for your reply- yes that made sense.

I keep Jacob to a routine because he sleeps throu the nite. I'm worried if I change his routine now or let him tell me when he wants to eat he'll start waking up again at nite... and i'm now enjoying my good nite sleeps!

I might just move his 11am feed back a little, but still try and fit 5 bottle in.

How are you getting on with your pregnancy? not long now.
x

Hi Hayley

Isabelle isn't much older than Jacob and she only has 4 bottles a day and has had that for about 8 weeks now I think. She is still gaining weight well and sleeping through.

It sound like he's trying to sort his own routine and maybe you could try and go with it and see how he does - let him tell you when he wants to feed.

Isabelle has:

7.30am - 7oz bottle
11am - 7oz bottle
2.30pm - little bit of food (only started today though!!!)
6pm - 6/7oz bottle

It doesn't sound like a lot but like I said she's still gaining steadily and HVs and Doc are very happy with her. She's always really content and settled aswell.

Tan x

Hi tan

I was wondering when to drop a bottle. I started Jacob on baby rice earlier than 4 months so he's quite used to his veggies now - eats quite a few spoon fulls. When I give him fruit or veg he only takes about 3 to 4oz bottles which i'm happy with.

I might just let him tell me when he wants feeding over the next few days.

Thanks for your reply.

x

Ellis went through stages of picking a choosing bottles, still does now really but he is not sleeping through yet.

He has
5am bottle
9.30 bottle then baby cereal
12.30 bottle then veg or rice
15.30 bottle
18.30 bottle and bed

when i was feeding him his bottle at 7am he would drop his 10am bottle.

I found it annoying cos it ruined my routine but so days i would just feed on demarnd.

hope all else is well with little jacob, would love 2 see some new pics soon!! bet he has well grown xxxxxx

With my DD she was on 8am 12pm 4pm 8pm feeds and took them all. Even when she was on foods.
I didnt always give her the food warm, especially when out, but in the end she didnt like it cold so i got a boots portable warmer thing that was great. a gel pack that u press a button and it heats up. Done this with her bottles too. Or i took a flask of boiling water with me and sat the tin of food in the cup for a few mins, sitting down for a tea or in a food place.
Hope that helps a bit :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back