combining boob and bottle

halemon

Reaction score
After much thought and consideration, i have decided to combine boob and botle feeding, one, because LO wasnt gaining too much weight in the first 3 weeks so wanted to top up with formula and two, because i still want to BF as best for bab and i love the closeness of it too.

Now my question is, do you think my boob milk is going to hold out? this is our sort of feeding routine:

8-9am - bottle 1 - expressed milk
11.30-12 - bottle 2 -
i then express boob milk in morning -60ml
3ish - bottle 3 - e
pump express again in afternoon 60ml
6pm bottle 4
9-9.30 bottle 5

12-1am bottle 6
4-5am- breast feed
all bottles are 120ml what do you think? haveto say shes certainly gaining weight now and is healthy and alert so am seing bebefits already but the big question - will my breast milk still be sustained even if it dwindles abit?

i am also feeding by boob in between times for comfort or snacks if she wants it -for ten minutes each time perhaps twice or three times a day

We did a touch of combined feeding, in that I b/f during the day and gave a bottle before bed. LO slept through early (about 9wks) on so I very rarely got up in the night and if did was only for a 10 minute b/f..

I found my milk supply adapted i well, I also expressed so that probably helped. When I weaned her on to formula again we seemed to manage quite well and produced what was needed.

Generally I think your body will adapt to your feeding routine, as long as you eat and drink the right amoutns :hug:

I've combined since day one and I've not got a daytime routine so I've just expressed when I've had time!!! I've found that my milk supply has adapted really well to it. The only problem was a day when I didn't express my boobies really engorged so they were killing me by the time I got home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back