Feeding question

Aprilxxx

Reaction score
My baby is 4 weeks old and at just under 3 he developed bad constipation. His tummy swelled up, he cried for 3 days straight and he was seen at the walk in.
They told us to swap his milk to constipation and colic milk which we have done and cut his feeds down to 3oz as he was having 4oz.
He is now starving and we have upped his food back to 4oz and he takes what he needs depending on his hunger.
Ever since doing this he don’t settkrcst night. Last night I was at my wits end with no sleep and I gave him the normal cow and gate milk not his constipation one. He slept for 3-4 hour stretches.
I’m wondering if I can mix up this formula? He is not ready to be back fully on regular milk but if it’s the same brand do you think it’s ok to use his constipation milk for regular feeds and normal milk for two night feeds?

My baby is 4 weeks old and at just under 3 he developed bad constipation. His tummy swelled up, he cried for 3 days straight and he was seen at the walk in.
They told us to swap his milk to constipation and colic milk which we have done and cut his feeds down to 3oz as he was having 4oz.
He is now starving and we have upped his food back to 4oz and he takes what he needs depending on his hunger.
Ever since doing this he don’t settkrcst night. Last night I was at my wits end with no sleep and I gave him the normal cow and gate milk not his constipation one. He slept for 3-4 hour stretches.
I’m wondering if I can mix up this formula? He is not ready to be back fully on regular milk but if it’s the same brand do you think it’s ok to use his constipation milk for regular feeds and normal milk for two night feeds?
Wait i'm confused.. do you give him cow's milk or formula?

Wait i'm confused.. do you give him cow's milk or formula?
Sorry I don’t think my post is clear..he’s on formula. He was on cow and gate first but now on cow and gate colic and constipation. So the question I was trying to ask was can he have both formulas ie mostly colic milk but a few infant first to fill him up and wean his tummy on to it

Hi April, my little girl had really bad reflux and was on anti reflux milk for the majority of her feeds, however it caused constipation and her normal milk, same brand as the anti reflux milk, helped with the constipation, so I spoke with my health visitor and she said I could give some feeds anti reflux and some normal formula as long as it was the same brand. So it would probably be ok, but you could always speak with your health visitor to check?

Oh I see, the thing is that every time you change his milk, he will have tummy troubles. My LO was like that too and sometimes so constipated that I had to give her glycerine suppositories. My pediatrician had told me that if you switch from one milk to another, that you have to at least try it for a week before switching again.
He probably doesn't digest the colic and constipation milk well and might have an intolerance or allergy. I'm no doctor but if that were to happen to my LO, and she didn't settle anymore, I would try another formula, an anti allergy or reflux one or something and see how that goes for a few days.
Otherwise, gets some glycerine suppositories just in case and don't wait too long before using them.x

He might be unsettled because you've changed his milk and he might improve if you give it a week. If no improvement in a week I'd try another brand of milk altogether. You shouldn't give him the original one if it causes constipation, his body obviously isn't reacting to it well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back