Silly Question on night feeds - but need advice

Loveleen

Reaction score
Dear Girls,

I know I am asking a very silly question but I was confused so thought of asking. We are currently living in a flat where my bedroom is close to kitchen. So when my son wakes up in night for feed, it takes me 2 mins to run to kitchen to prepare warm milk for his feed. We are soon going to shift to our new town house which I love but wondering how will I manage night feeds as the bedroom is on second floor and kitchen on the ground floor.

How do you all manage night feeds. I am giving my son carton milk as powder version was causing him constipation so HV asked me to move back to carton. Therefore I have to heat it..Plz advice

Thanks so much...

Erm...i dont heat mine, just reali lazy and leave it by the bed til Alfie wakes up. You could get one of those bottle insulators and keep it in one of those by the bed maybe?? xx

Sometimes I take him down with me, other times I'll ask hubby to hold him. You could take a flask of hot water up to bed with you. Just fill a jug up then and pop the bottle in. If you are on cartons it should be easier as you can take a bottle up to bed with you. I premake mine with powder so have to
keep them fridged.

Last edited:
I'd do what yodabo suggests, take a flask of hot water and use that to warm the bottle x

I leave him in his cot. By the time I'm back upstairs he's awake enough for his feed. I'm abit naughty though, I warm his bottle in the microwave so it only takes 30secs

I warmed bottles in the microwave too :blush:

when we stay at my parents their kitchen is really far from my room and its cold and spooky at night so I got tommee tippee bottle insulators, made up the feeds in the afternoon and put them in the fridge, then theyd be cold enough to go into the bottle insulators to keep cool then pop them in a bottle warmer that i kept in my room when he woke.

we had to use cartons too sooo expensive. we use aptimi colic and constipation now, much cheaper! i do a similar thing, boil kettle water and keep insulated upstairs then pour in the powder which i premeasure into pots before bed.

Thanks a lot girls for all these ideas. I will use them..and stop fearing..Its just everytime my son wakes up he is so hungry that he starts screaming loudly..I am sure our tenants up stairs are waiting for us to move..:)

i've got a tommee tippee bottle warner (which also heats jars too) and it tkes about 2 mins to warm a carton!!!

Thanks Tinkerbell. I will buy that. Just saw it at tesco for 20 pounds..

try asda as i'm sure it was around £15 there!! it's been fantastic of a nighttime as we switch it on when LO is stirring and by the time he wakes up the bottle is ready!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back