My baby is a conundrum!!!!!

vickib_1984

Reaction score
James has always loved his food.......until recently he was taking 4 9oz bottles a day with food as we weaned early due to reflux....however the last week or so hes been refusing his milk feeds.....he will gladly eat all the food in the world but with his milk it's like I'm feeding him poison......he thrashes and screams after so many oz of milk and it's distressing for us both....he has gaviscon in all his bottles....I've taken to making my own food to add milk in to get it down him some how plus his porridge made with milk and baby rice with his milk and fruit added what's going on......help please :(

xxx

I really feel for you coz harrison is the same!! He does want and take his 9oz (5 of them plus 3 'meals') but it is a drama to get him to take them!! I think he prefers food tbh and if he was a bit bigger I wud just be cutting down his milk and eventually replacing it with food but I know they need more milk at this age!! Im just doing the same as you and putting milk in with his food and just plugging away at the milk!!
xxx

Thank god I'm not alone!!!! We had porridge with 2oz of milk and 5oz bottle this morning and he refused any more the only saving grace is when I add it all up he's getting what he needs when I put milk in things and a 9oz bottle before bed

xxx

Yeah, when I compare what he has to what 'normal' babies his age have I know he is getting enough milk but it is a battle!! Might cut out his breakfast bottle as he has one at 5.30 and I give him his brekkie at 7.30ish so he doesnt really want or need it then I can always give him a bottle mid morning if he needs it!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back