Feeding bras

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hello, after a bit of advice please girls -

I plan to breastfeed this time, if it kills me, never done it before

When should I go and buy my two feeding bras with the drop down cups, how will I guess what size I will be after milk comes in? I know I got huge before but only for a week or two and made do in my old bras till boobs sorted themselves out. When you breastfeed do your boobs get as big and stay that size all the time while your feeding as milk is being replaced?

I was a tiny 34 B, and now a 36C , but the 36C's are almost too small bras now, boobs meet in the middle for a good cleavage effect! ha

should I buy 36D bras for feeding? and what week of pregnancy is best, would like them ready in my labour bag if possible?:lol:

Thanks all - JJ

Honestly hunny you need to wait for another month at least. I am going shopping for mine in the next 2 weeks. If you get a 36d and then suddenly jump upto a 36dd or e then you have wasted quite abit of money....as we all know they arent the cheapest bras. Try and resist if you can.;)

I am a 36 G and I bought some from eBay, they were nice an cheap so not complaining, but about 2 weeks before my due date I'm going to go into mothercare and be measured and buy one from there, so I have the others that will hopefully fit after x

I am a 36 G and I bought some from eBay, they were nice an cheap so not complaining, but about 2 weeks before my due date I'm going to go into mothercare and be measured and buy one from there, so I have the others that will hopefully fit after x

Dont get measured at mothercare! They have all messed up sizes that dont even fit their own stuff! They measured me at 38DD .. Cup was too big, back was waaaaaaaaay to small. And its not the person who did it, they have this poster up in the changing room for them to check the things on, and i did if after she had, and got the same thing, so its their conversion charts and stuff, messed up fail machines!

Ooh great advice Kat! Err I'll just go somewhere like m&s then lol thanks xx

I was told to get measured for them around 36weeks, but i've already been measured for mine due to the incrased risk of me having him early, I went to M&S they were really nice about it and measured me in a 34G!! I was only a 32B before i got pregnant. When they asked me how far I had left to go and I told them that I was only 32 weeks she was reluctant to measure me for nursing bras until I told them that I had already been in hospital at 28 weeks having a labour stopped and that my midwife and GP thought I'd probably go early as he doesn't seem to be growing, then they were lovely and bought a really nice selection for me to try on, I ended up buying some really nice ones and they were only £30 for two pairs xx

Thanks girls for the tips, I will wait then till near xmas and go and get them then. got a control issue about having my bag ready you see , don't know why, just a control thing I guess , makes me feel better that it's done

Today I went to Bravissimo and mothercare.

I was a 32G before pregnancy and am currently wearing a 34G and it's feeling quite tight in the cups.

Mothercare measured me at a 32J for a nursing bra and Bravissimo measured me at a 36H!!!

I honestly don't know what to do. Went to Bravissimo first and bought the 36H because it was comfy but mothercare woman was adamant I need to take it back as I've been fitted wrong. The mothercare woman had awards and certificates behind the till for her maternity measuring skills and bravissimo woman didn't even get the tape measure out.

Did the 36H feel comfortable and supportive? Theoretically they both could fit you fine because you have gone up on the back ont the 36H and the mothercare lady has done it the other way round and gone up 2 sizes on the cup. Personally i would say your bang in the middle at a 34I! lol! As long as you feel supported and not bursting out thats the main thing.

lol! thats bloody annoying isnt it! what a frigging dilema. guess you just go with whats comfier x

I went to mothercare today to get measured and was told need to wait until baby drops about wk 37 so have to go bk am gonna look for some on ebay tho

I got measured at Harrods and then bought my maternity bras online at a better price.

I didn't leave the house for the first 2 weeks after Evie was born and when I did it was to shop for nursing bras. I didn't get measured but guessed i'd go up a size - lucky guess as they fit perfectly lol!

God that's a pain if mothercare told you to wait and come back till baby dropped!, would be nice to get them before baby arrives ! ha

Thanks girls for all your feedback (breastfeeding - just a whole new world out there!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back