fancy food???

amy

Reaction score
ok this year i want to be more experimental with me christmas food im so used to getting the brussels and boring cabbage :roll: what do you all do, if you have any tips that would be great, or if one of your family members cook a mean dish? would love to know.....nothing to complicated as im no jamie oliver :wink:

i am making a spread at my house chrstmas night time i have loads of people coming round for finger food and drinks. so i shal be watching this thread trying to get ideas too. as i am no jamie oliver either :lol:

I did parmesan parsnips last year - they were nice and pretty simple to do.

I also did red cabbage with apple but it took ages and frankly I've decided to buy it from M&S this year as it tastes as good.

My mum always does sprouts with bacon bits and chestnuts - they really are delicious. Not sure how she does them but there's bound to be a recipe somewhere.

Good luck!!

LBxx

I love christmas cooking!!!!!!!!!!

This year im doing all the trimmings, a medium turkey with stuffing and roast potatoes, but im adding a little twist to the veggies :)

Im going to boil the sprouts and then put them in a wok with thyme and honey and apple and give them a good quick frying, not done this before but sounds lush! Then im going to roast parsnips in a honey and mustard dressing. Im going to make my own cranberry sauce and mulled wine.

hmmmmm my tummys rumbling just thinking about it!

Yeha I love those little sausages in jackets, but my OH doesnt so there off the menu for good! :roll: :doh: :cry:

ok call me thick but after you roast your parsnips, do you put your dressing on, or do you put it on when roasting, think i should let my oh cook this year, my brain is all over the place :roll: :cheer:

amy said:
ok call me thick but after you roast your parsnips, do you put your dressing on, or do you put it on when roasting, think i should let my oh cook this year, my brain is all over the place :roll: :cheer:

Use a pastry brush if you have one and brush the dressing on before roasting, and dont use too much oil just a thin layer in the bottom of the roasting dish - hmmm yummy!!!

great i think i might do that one. thank you

this is the first christmas dinner i'll be cooking (well, helping cook. FIL and i are doing it). I'm gonna hunt down some cool ideas. I'm def doing pigs in blankets and white sauce though (hehe, that will be packeted though). My mum usually does this really yummy creamy leak and onion thing, but i'm prob the only person in this house that would eat that :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back