Family planning clinic

Sarah85

Reaction score
Just got back from family planning clinic. doctor said it's not a major problem of a luteal phase of 9-11 days it's when it's less than a week. But got to wait until we try fir a year to have tests she said possibly lie to gp and say we have already lol
Bit deflated to ve honest she said to stop peeing on sticks and coming on here and try to relax was about to blow but she said she tried for 5 years and eventually had her twins. Also suggested acupuncture and other things she did the month she conceived.
Not quite sure what to think right now she thinks stress is the main factor.
Sorry for the rant yet again guys :(

I've been told exactly the same. That because we have only been trying for 6 months that its too early to do anything & i have to loose 2 stone by the next time i see her before she even considers tests on my ovaries to see if there working properly. (gynacologist) She also said for me to stop POAS but i thought if i do ovulate and don't know about it and dont have sex and i miss it then thats another month gone by and nothing been done.

X x

Well at least you have spoken to someone, AND someone who took a while to conceive too, so I'm sure she must have empathised a little bit? It will happen hun, but yeah great suggestions about telling doc lol

Yeah exactly!! She said now it's clear I ovulate stop testing every month until we hit the year Mark. And not obsess about it so much. So hard though isn't it. Was good to hear that 90% of couples do have children eventually.
I've already lost over 4 1/2 stone to be able to have a better chance of conceiving I literally dont think I can do anymore :( might try acupuncture to possibly see? God knows :(

I'm sure alot of ladies on here will agree that relaxing is really a great stimulant for conception! So start booking away little holidays.........weekends away during fertile time.............bring a bit of romance back in...........and just go with your cervical mucus, it's the best indicator nature can give you! When it gets gooey, get going!

and big well done on the weight loss! You must be so proud of your achievement! Jsut think when you do fall pregnant, you'll pile it all back on again :nerner:

only kidding!

Yeh that's what we're doin. We're going on honeymoon next month so be nice to chill out an not think about it! :) much easier said than done relaxing Isn't it lol I think I'll bin ovulation tests and maybe go quiet on here for a bit but I love chatting to u girls

You can just check in now and again and remember to come back next month and tell us about your BFP! lol

If you feel down, come on here and vent and we'll listen, but if you feel you are getting on fine then dont come on xxx

Thanks Hun I love coming on here and chatting and seeing everyone's journey but yesterday found myself getting worked up and upset about my luteal phase after people pointing out it's reall short everyone is in the same boat and I feel for each person :( so so hard isn't it the not knowing if It will ever happen :(

have you tried agnus castus? i think some girls on here take it and brings forward your ovulation and therefore lengthens your luteal phase? I think! don't quote me on that!

Yeah few people said that might try it next month might aswell isn it lol try anything now :(

Thanks Hun I love coming on here and chatting and seeing everyone's journey but yesterday found myself getting worked up and upset about my luteal phase after people pointing out it's reall short everyone is in the same boat and I feel for each person :( so so hard isn't it the not knowing if It will ever happen :(

Sorry about all that you are going through love.. I love coming on here as well and just relating to everyone and the frustrations ttc brings. Maybe a time out can do you some good, once ttc takes over the stress levels rise. Just remember it will happen, I wonder what all the women before our time did to conceive, they didn't have all the resources we have now and still managed just fine. Just relax and let nature take is course, that is after all what our bodies were ment to do...

Sorry about all that you are going through love.. I love coming on here as well and just relating to everyone and the frustrations ttc brings. Maybe a time out can do you some good, once ttc takes over the stress levels rise. Just remember it will happen, I wonder what all the women before our time did to conceive, they didn't have all the resources we have now and still managed just fine. Just relax and let nature take is course, that is after all what our bodies were ment to do...

:thumbup:

How long have you been trying? I would suggest also taking a time out, and/or having something else to focus on, book a summer holiday to look forward to?

It can become all consuming so I can empathise with where your at fully x

Hi sarah how have you worked out how long your leutal phase is? Opks?

Have u considered charting? It will confirm ovulation to the exact day. Opks predict ov, they cannot confirm it. The issue with a short leutal phase is the ability of the body to keep the lining of the womb thick enough for implntataion which is direct controlled by basal body temperature. If u chart u will monitor your temperatures and can prove to ur doc that your leutal phase is an issue. As long as you are around the ten day mark with good temps you should be fine. Good luck. I would also recomend a 21day test wgich will check your progesterone levels which is also related to leutal phase. Its a simple blood test that must be done seven days after ov not day21 as thr name suggests unless u do actually ov on day 14!

They wouldn't even suggest a blood test until a year so rubbish. Will see gp next week and speak to her. At least a short phase can be sorted or so they say

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back