Acupuncture helps couple get pregnant after 5 years TTC!

Loola

Reaction score
This story is in the local paper here today, thought you might find it interesting:

An ancient medical practice from the Far East may have contributed to a couple being just weeks away from becoming parents after five years of trying.Teacher Ann-Marie Lewis had been hoping for years that she would one day hear the patter of tiny feet.

The 35-year-old from Pontlliw started trying for a baby back in 2003.

But despite undergoing a series of tests at Swansea's Singleton Hospital, medical experts could find nothing wrong with her.

Mrs Lewis and her 33-year-old student teacher husband Fabio were prepared to try absolutely anything to conceive the baby they longed for.

Ten months ago, they underwent sessions of Chinese acupuncture as they had heard it could improve the chances of women undergoing fertility treatment.

Now they are just weeks away from becoming proud parents.

Mrs Lewis, of Bryntirion Road, said fertility experts at Singleton Hospital had been left scratching their heads as to why she could not conceive.

She said: "I got married on April 25, 2003, and we just wanted to start a family, because of my age as well, as I had just turned 30.

"But there was nothing happening. So, I went to the doctor and started a series of tests but everything was fine.

"Nothing showed up as a problem - it was a bit of a mystery.

"We had been having tests in the hospital for over two years, and we were down to start IVF (in-vitro fertilisation) last November, as it was the next step."

In the meantime, she tried out reflexology, before turning to the Swansea-based Chinese Herbal Clinic in Walter Road for acupuncture sessions.

"My reflexologist suggested acupuncture, in April or May last year.

"I had read that acupuncture could help with IVF, and so I called the Chinese Herbal Clinic.

"There was nothing specifically wrong with me or my husband, but I thought we would give it a go, and we had six or seven sessions of acupuncture.

"We got to the stage where we were trying anything and everything - with IVF there is a wait and at least we were doing something."

Just a few months later, she said she was stunned to find out that, finally, she looked set to be a mum.

She said: "I found out on July 21 that I was expecting. It was amazing. It was fantastic. It was truly brilliant - I couldn't believe it.

"I had waited so long and it happened before I had to go down the IVF route.

"I'm having a little boy around March 26."

Mrs Lewis was full of praise for Limin Zhu, from the Chinese Herbal Clinic, and said she believed her pregnancy had been problem-free because of the acupuncture.

She added: "I am confident that the acupuncture has helped all the way through."

Dr Zhu said she was thrilled the couple would have their first child within weeks.

She added: "I am very pleased - Chinese acupuncture is very successful as it helps the blood flow and the body's system."

Of course this may not be down to the Acupuncture it may be that she finally got lucky after 5 years, or perhaps knowing that she was going to be having IVF soon could have helped relax them, but all in all its a great story of hope for all us long term TTCers! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back