Falling hcg levels? Worried now!

cornishfairy

Reaction score
Hi,
I got my first faint bfp 3 weeks ago (right in the middle of my cycle which was odd) and 2 days later a CB digi came up as 2-3 weeks since conception. Lines been getting darker on the hpt's since and done a couple more cb digis since, all still reading 2-3 weeks up until last Thursday. I do a hpt every morning for my own peace of mind (as my doc refuses to accept I'm pregnant until im a week late - I have an appt booked this thurs when I'll be 7 days late exactly) and this morning the line was very very faint. I did a cb digi to see what that said and it came up 1-2! So now I'm feeling slightly panicked, paranoid etc...! I've had a water infection this weekend which made me bleed slightly when I wipe (although now only brown spotting) and the nurse said to take it easy in case the blood signified a mc. I've been lying around ever since and have taken today off work. Anyone else experienced dropping hcg levels / fainter lines?

Can you go to your epu? They can take bloods over a series of days and that would be more telling than the hpts I think.
It's awful when you're worrying like this :hugs: x

I've tried the epu before and they've said I either need to be referred by my doc or over 6 weeks for them to do anything. I explained the weird cycle and how I'd had a positive around my ovulation time and they said they'd just assume I'm 4 weeks when my period was next due which puts me just under 5 weeks at the mo. I have the docs in 2 days but I just hate this not knowing and worrying that something is going horribly wrong in there :(

I don't have any advice on the subject but I can feel your anxiety from here. I would be upset too but you need to calm down because you will only be doing yourself harm. Can you move the doctors to today? Get an emergancy appointment due to you worrying so much..... you can sometimes get a phone appointment. *hugs*

It took me all last week to get an appt for thurs am and as the nurse who saw me for my uti said stay rested its probably best I stay in bed and give my body a rest, and I don't wanna go to the docs and get the usual 'you're not a week late yet, come back again when you are'!! Just helps to vent on here I guess!! Gonna move as little as possible today. Xx

My OH just pointed out the fact I got up a couple of times in the night to pee (cuz of the uti) whereas I don't normally go in the night at all. Wonder if that would affect the strength of the sample i tested with today? X

it could do but i dont think it would affect a digi in the same way but i could be wrong,its horrible when we dont know what our body is doing and we have no control over it wat so ever, i dont realy know wat else u can do as u have done eevrything so far all u can do now is wait it out try get an app for docs wen ur a week late and go from there, hope all turns out ok xxxx

Yeah my thurs am appt will be when I'm exactly a week late. Fingers crossed.... Xxx

I have read Sorry tri hopping!

Could you be further along than you realise? I have read previously that once your hormone levels get to a certain level you can get negetive results from hpt's and therefore they dont advise that you keep testing. FX xx

Hi, it could be from my precious cycle as the only time we bd'd this cycle was 2 days before the first bfp. We did it mid cycle last month which if it was then would make me 8 weeks rather than 4. Tested before the last period as that was a couple of days late and it was negative so assumed nothing had happened but it could be from that cycle and took a while to catch up! Not sure if 8 weeks is enough for the levels to drop? Also weird that I've not got a 3+ on the cb digi at any point. X

My digis dropped from 3+ to 2-3 at the start but I think it was due to the time of day I tested. Could this be the same for u? Xxxx

I've done mine with my FMU so should be similar. Have that horrible feeling that something's about to go wrong :( Got very mild cramps (which I know is not unusual but when ur paranoid u pick up on everything dont you!) Just hoping for the best but at the same time expecting the worst :(

I've also been told by countless people not to take into consideration the part of the digi that tells u hiw many weeks you are as they can so often be wrong. Including my gp! Hope u get answers soon xxxx

Hope so. Tried another ultra early dip test again (2 today!) and then line is barely visible on either of them. Heads spinning. Hope I get some answers when i go to the docs on thurs if nothing happens between now and then. Xx

TMI alert!! Not for the squeamish! Just went for #2 and the brown spotting I've been having has gone reddish colour and when i first sat on the loo and 'pushed' a long string of red/brown blood came out. No big clots or anything so far but i have a horrible feeling this could be the start of a mc. Seems too much of a coincidence alongside the faint tests. :(

Oh hunni, I really hope it isnt. keeping everything crossed. I suspect that you may be further along than you realise and the first bfn you got was a false negative, that would explain the lines becoming fainter on subsequent tests. Also dtd 2 days before your bfp is probably not enough time for fertilisation and implantation to have occured and give you a postive hpt reading. I know it doesnt explain why you didnt get a 3+ but your hormones may have peaked higher and therefore missing the 3+ reading.

I know its much easier said than done about not worrying about the spotting, put a pad on, put your feet up and monitor it. It could be some blood from a burst blood vessel in your cervix from straining for a number 2 mixed in with some CM. I've had several bleeds this pregnancy one of which occurred after a bowel movement.

FX all is ok, keep us posted :hug:
xxx

:( so sorry to hear this hun I know it's been so up and down for you lately. Sending hugs xx

hope you get some positive answerrs x

Thanks ladies. Will try and keep my spirits up. We want this so badly and although I know if it's not meant to be nature will take its course regardless and that it's for the best but it's hard to stay positive isn't it. I agree with the theory of being further along, it must be something that hung on from the previous cycle, just wish i'd had more luck convincing the docs of that rather than having to keep waiting!! Not sure what they'll say on thurs when i go if the bleeding hasn't worsened and I'm a week late but testing negative! If i get another 'go home and come back in a week' i may go loopy!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back