HCG levels??????....

kat86

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a miscarriage last month on the 13th september naturally, my bloods were taken to confirm my HCG levels were back to normal. I have not had a period since. This was my 3rd miscarriage so I know by now not to get my hopes up until i see the baby and hear a heart beat. On saturday I got a BFP so i went for my bloods yesterday and the HCG levels are only 86.... because I dont know when i ovulated I dont know if this is ok? I have to wait until thursday before i can have another blood test to check if the levels are increasing so it will be Friday before i get the results....

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about HCG levels and if this looks worrying that its quite low or would this be normal?

Thanks,

Kat xxx

I'm sorry I don;t know anything about HCG levels but I just wanted to wish you good luck xx

Thank you hun, that means a lot. I'm just so anxious and waiting isn't helping. Don't even know if I've posted this in the right place really x x x

I think by 14DPO you're around 50mIU, which is why most pregnancy tests are 50mIU. Some people take weeks to get a bfp though, so this obviously varies.
HCG only doubles every couple of days. 86 would be almost double what you had on saturday in order to get a bfp. So that's just about right. Tomorrow you'd probably expect to have around 200, 2 days later 400, etc.
So basically don't worry!! 86 is perfectly fine for 2 days after your bfp :)

Ahhh thank you hun. You dont know how much that puts my mind at rest! xxxx

also dont know much about the levels - but good luck - wish you all the best xx

I dont know about levels, just wanted to say congratulations and wish u luck xxx

My pregnancy book says that HCG levels vary enormously from person to person - for example, if you are 4 weeks pregnant it could be anything between 5 and 426!! So I would think your level is absolutely fine, they just need to check again to see if it's increasing. xx

Thanks so much girls! Booked in for tomorrow so fingers crossed x x x

Hope ur blood test went well today or does go well if u not had them yet. When will u get the results back? Fx for u xx

Last edited:
Ah thanks hun, nice to know people are thinking of me. My tests are at 1.25 but probably won't get the results till tomorrow now. But I did another digi test this morning and its gone up to 2-3 weeks when it was 1-2 on Saturday so I'm a little more hopeful. Fingers crossed x x x

Definitely a good sign. I have another digi I will do at the weekend when AF is due! Hoping mine will say 2-3 weeks by then. :) xx

Aww brill newsvabout your levels going up!! Clear blue digi are fantastic way of showing your hcg levels!! X

got my results back. its gone up to 540! still low apparently but its good that they are increasing and may be because I'm so early. I don't KNOW how far gone I am because of the miscarriage last month. going back for more blood tests next week and then they'll cool me in for an early scan for a few weeks after that. thanks for all your lovely messages x x x

That's great news hun, seems like ur results are going in the right direction! Yay for an early scan too! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back