Facebook

Laverne

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Long time lurker but have decided to become involved in the site as I felt I was getting a lot out of it in terms of tips, advice 'n stuff yet contributing nothing (the latter might still prove to be the case I - time will tell I s'pose :oooo: ).

So, the title says it all really - what do you feel are the pro's and con's of Facebook?

Personally I've never really felt compelled to join despite many of my friends extolling the virtues of the site (maybe the responses in this thread will make me change my mind!). I read plenty of threads on this site and it appears a lot of the problems (specifically in the 'Relationship' area) emanate from private messages on Facebook, partners spending too much time on Facebook (or indeed messaging ex's or developing relationships via the site), getting into spats with friends or family members... the list goes on :shock:

So, do you and/or your other half spend too much time on there? Has it (or indeed does it) affected your relationship? Could you do without it? Could you use another form of contact if you purely use it for keeping in touch with absent friends? Is this too deep a subject for a Thursday evening?

Last edited:
Hello! I'm a lurker too!
I have Facebook, but have massively toned down my useage in the last year or so. I find it useful for keeping tabs on what people are getting upto but very annoying as well! I now only really use it for sharing photos and tend to ring people i want to talk to.

i abosutely dont have fb, really dont like everyone knowing all my business!!! my oh has it and he has a few of my close friends on there which is nice so they can see marley, but hes not a great fan...or so he says...... hmmmmm

I have Facebook and LOVE it. I only have 25 close friends who know me personally on it and no one can search for me or message me etc unless theyre a friend. I share work things, photos, life stuff and I trust everyone on it.

i have it but only speak to people i really know. dont let anyone i don't know see anyone. it's brilliant if you have family or friends abroad. it's the only way i can talk to them. xxx

Hey... I used to have but i got rid of it as all it seemed to do was encourage problems if you hadnt set it to private or whatever and then for the people i did have for friends if i wanted to talk to them i could do that over the phone lol.

Personally i dont like it as i know of lots and lots of problems that have all lead back to facebook, Not just problems for me but for others aswell. All i ever hear about it now is trouble lol. In my opinion i dont like it and would never have it back. But everyones different and if you like facebook then cool. :) Amy xx

it's only cons now. people keep tabs on you no matter what you do and know which pub will you be going to and when and with whom. not worth the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back