Face eczema complicating swaddle and baby rolling

Oneisenough

Reaction score
Hi Mums and Dads,

We have a 6month old girl with eczema on her face.

We have been swaddling her, but she has started to roll onto her front.

We want to wean her and stop swaddling here, but, if we dotn swaddle her, she scratches her face (with gloves, no gloves etc..).

She scratches so hard that at best she wakes herself and worst she bleeds.

Any ideas how we can stop weaning and stop her scratching her face?

Thanks

You can buy special tops with silk mitts over the hands or just the normal sleepsuits with fold over hands?

Is her eczema being treated?

Thanks for the suggestion,

Yes we are treating it with GP help and cream etc..

We have tried the gloves and bags.. but she scratches so hard and she does not have full control over movement so sometimes she smacks herself in the face..

Last edited:
Is she having cows milk?
Going dairy free may help. Also stopping any bubblebaths etc and giving oat baths instead.

Sorry I have no advice other than I follow a holistic practioner's blog based in the USA and as I suffered really terrible eczema myself when I was born, I bookmarked her page offering a natural solution for excema, just in case my son was born the same way.

Thankfully we never needed to buy it (it costs around $30 but with a 100% money back guarantee) and as I said I follow her blog where she gives loads of other free advice on all sorts of natural treatments & she appears to be legit.

Just thought I'd suggest it in case it's of any interest... I am not affiliated with her or anything & feel free to totally ignore if not of interest :)

http://holisticsquid.com/the-eczema-cure/

Thanks for all your help. Going to try some lotion in the bath and look into more products for the hands.. silk gloves etc..

My little boy has it on his chest. He scratches it so bad sometimes. Sock on the hands work for us. We took him to the drs y day and it's infected so he's now on anti biotics. But Dr prescribed hydrocortisone and we have only been using it 24 hours and it's already started to clear. He also prescribed Aveno for when it's clear and oilatum for the bath. Hopefully it will help. I feel your pain tho its awful when they are so small x

Last edited:
My lo has eczema as well which started on his face. Make sure you moisturise several times a day while using the hydrocortisone and afterwards to try and stop it coming back. It can be a long hard slog to try and find the right moisturiser as everyone's skin is different so if Aveeno doesn't work go back to your Dr. We use scratch sleeves at night and for nap time but unfortunately he is in a habit of rubbing his face furiously when tired whether he has eczema or not now - the sleeves are great though and prevent any damage xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back