Help my baby has a rash :(

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm looking to see if anyone has any advice. My little girl is 5weeks old now and has developed a horrible rash all over her face, mostly on her cheeks and now spreading to her neck. HV was no help she thought it was heat rash.

Her face feels really rough. Dr says its dry skin but it's red raw and making her itch as she wakes in the middle of the night scratching, I have mitts on her all the time now!!

Dr has given me come creams used for eczema and is helping a little.

Has anyone else experienced Unexplained rashes on their babies and did it go after a few weeks.

Poor Emily, it's really getting her down :(

I haven't but my sil experienced it with my nephew. Are you bfing? My nephew had eczema too and the docs just gave cream that didn't help a tonne. She decided to see if it was something she was eating and when she cut dairy out of her diet, his eczema went away. He is 20 months now and still can't have dairy without getting eczema.

It sounds like baby acne they all get it and it normally lasts a few week. I washed my little boy in aqueous cream with water and cotton wool then applied a small amount of acqueous to his face. I did same when daughter was little and it helped clear it and keep it moisturised.

D had something similar although it didn't seem to be itchy. We used E45 just a small amount and it really helped. It does take a while to clear x

My middle one had it on his face and neck he has oilatum still gets eczema now but mainly on his bum !!! Xxx

Yup, Harlow had a few spots on her cheeks at first and the doctor said it was milk spots, it got worse and spread all over her face, hair, neck, back and chest. In the end it turned out it was caused by her reflux and has now finally gone away since she has been on her medicines. I think babies skin are that sensitive even the slightest thing can set a rash off.

My LO had a rash on her cheeks, but cleared up by itself... Her skin, though, is very dry in patches, but it doesn't seem t cause her any problems. Hope you can get some relief for little Emily.

BTW... My LO is also Emily, born the same day as yours... 25th February 2012! :)

Angel had this happened, only it was all over her upper body, face, neck, chest etc poor thing. It turns out her skin is extremely sensitive and it turned out to be the fabric softener causing the problem (even though I was using a sensitive one). I stopped using it and the doc gave me a cream and something to put in the bath, just says Dermol 500 and the rash was gone within a day. She told me to start using fabric after a month so I did and the rash came back so I just don't use it at all now xx I swear by that cream though x

Thank you for your advice everyone. Sorry to hear my Emily is not the only one with bad skin. The cream is helping a bit, it's Definately keeping the dry skin to a minimum. Poor babies no one told me about rashes and I got all worked up. None of my friends babies suffered like this so I thought it was just Emily, I can see its quite common though!

I hope it clears up soon so I can have a happy baby back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back