F%#@king mother in law

GregorysGirl

Reaction score
Ok...lets see ur opinions on my stuuuuuupid mother in law.
So....havin just been on holiday....we were invited out for dinner t catch up with ohs parents. me n his rents have had his ups n down...mainly due t them bein cheeky n reaton me like im thick...which even i know im not...n im not the most confident person in the world.
So....we were sat there n craig n his brother n dad were talkin cars so i stupidly asked his mum if she wantd t see our hol pics. they r on my phone cos ive got a galaxy s2with 8mp camera..so dnt have a digi cam.
She starts looking through them....n i preso........shes scrollin thru..n i thought well shes been my mother sumed when she got t the end of the holiday ones she stop....the ones after r mainly our dog....scan photos n i remembered takin a bump photo as 12weeks...even tho there was nothin there....but did it in my bathroom just t check growth etc.
So shes scrollin thru...n i thought...well weve been tgether4yrs...theres no harm in her seein tge bump pic...plus id look abit weird snatchin the cam off her. When she gets to it......where in mind im a size10 to 12...nothin t throw up at...she bellows.........
"urrrgh.....who's got the STRETCH MARKS?!?!?!?!"
My heart sunk. I didnt know wat to say.
I replied...."they r mine thank u christine...cheers for anouncing it t the whole table..and the whole pub!!!! Ya can leave the table thanks'
My reply was abit tongue in cheek n mayb 12mnths ago id have kicked off n stormed out....but what sort of a stupid bitch wud say something like that n embarrass someone they claim t love??
"You need t moisturise ...lots of it...thatll stop them'
I said....ive had them since i was 16...i got them wen i was growing up'.
And like a dog with a bone she went on to tell me how she didnt get one with 'her two boys'.. sobbed when i got home tho.
I was soooooo upset but i managed not t ruin the night n carry on as normal.
Ive had body confidence issues my whole life n since meetin craig ive almost got rid if them. he was mortified...he would never ever say anything like that.

Is she thick layyydeeeees? am i over reacting? she made me feel ashamed n didnt even say sorry :-(
Plus his govby dad then says 'chuck us the phone then i wanna have look at these stretch marks'.....i mean FFS!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post just wantd t get it off my chest.

Big hugs xx

What a cow bag. I have a sil that is very similar and does not engage the brain (if she has one ) before the gob opens. You know what when I moaned about stretch marks the other day my OH said "I love everyone cos it shows you are keeping my baby so safe that he is growing big and strong! I don't care how soppy it was I loved it and I don't give a shit now its all for my bubba. xxxxxxxx

oh bless you. Ive had stretch marks since really young, I was informed by a doctor they are genetic, you can minimise by moisturising but it wont stop them. Just shows that shes not too clever to be honest. Well done you for saying something I would have been really upset. Now I dont know your MIL but sometimes people dont say things to hurt they are just thoughless and not very bright and dont think of others feelings. Im a size 10-12 normally and Ive got them randomly all over my body and they have faded over the years and have some new ones too and so have most of my friends. Stupid woman xxx

Does sound kinda tactless.

However - in the spirit of being devils advocate - maybe she thought she was being jokey and you'd take it like that. Depending on tone of voice its sounds like the kinda thing my mum would say - but she'd know i'd not be offeneded.

That said Loud enough for the whole pub to hear is not good, and id def be want to slap FIL afterwards.

xxx

OMG what a bitch that is so uncalled for, you've acted calmer than I would of done. The woman needs to learn some manners 1 for her comment and 2nd for going through your phone.
What did your oh say???
Hugs Hun and btw I gained stretch marks growing up your either getting them or not!!! Xxxx

Bitch!! Don't worry babe ur beautiful and Craig thinks so! She is probably wallis u have her little boy.

Some people should really think before they speak, that's not on!!

We all have marks that annoy us but she has no right to say what she said. I don't know how you kept your cool. An apology wouldn't do any harm.

Mother-in-laws, who'd ave em!!

I would store that one in the bank of revenge and make sure that I happened to mention at a later date how her wrinkles around her eyes seem to have really developed lately and suggest a higher factor sun screen, or how everyone always says about the middle age spread and how easy it is to put on weight when your older and until you see her go through exactly that you didnt really believe it!
For extra impact I would drop it in before a big event for her or something...... Just a though!!!!!

Keepontrying that's awesome!!!!! Really made me LOL :)

I was going to say something similar to keepontrying lol ... point out her flaws and see how she likes it! Cheeky bitch maybe you OH should have a word with ehr about how tastless it was..

Ive had streach marks since i was younger and there is no moisturiser in the world that makes them go away like that or they would make a fortune.... ignore her she is just an old cow who doesnt know what she is talking about.

I think seeing as she has obviously gone through the pregnant and emotionally unstable time that everyone else goes through, you'd have thought she would have been a little less heartless! Some women can just be like that. I have to admit my MIL does annoy me at times but Im grateful that she would never come out with anything insulting or that would hurt my feelings intentionally.

She sounds so stupid Hun can't believe she would treat u like that! I'd be so annoyed! As a mother u wouldn't think she would say such unsympathetic comments x

LOL!!!!! that has really cheered me up-glad Im not just being bonkers.
Thanks to everyone who replied.
My OH does not like confrontation and because he has has a rocky relationship in the past with his parents I wouldnt want him to be in the position to tell them off for being TW&&s...lol.

Im just lucky he is nothing like them.
/had my hair cut n dyed today so feel much better about myself.
Girl power......thanks again - big hugs x:)

Always feel amazing after having your hair done, sod the stretchmarks! X

hun just ignore them, im a size 20 to 22, have loads of stretchmarks and im still sexy as hell. lol
i can do the truffle shuffle and everything! if you dont care noone else will either. love who and what you are, im sure your OH friends and family do. id kill to be a size 12 but it wouldnt make me sexier as confidence is the sexiest thing about a girl, then its boobs, then ass/legs etc lol

Awh hun hope ur ok, some people just have no idea how they make others feel. Im sure it wasnt on purpose but still hurtful! Nothing like gong to hairdressers....Sexy hair all way!!! xx

Silly thoughtless women. She's probablhy oblivious she's upset you....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back