F.A.O. Sami & Manda - Finishing work early???

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hi Girls

As you both were in the same position as me when you was expecting your babes I just wanted to ask abit of advice.

My pregnancy is high risk as babe may come at any time but Im getting myself in abit of a 2 & 8 worrying about work. My doctor who Im under for the cervical scanning has told me to take things really easy but hasnt indicated that I should finish work? After my day stay in hosp last week I have felt abit more worried. I saw my MW last Thursday and asked for her advice and she has said that it is entirely up to me. She said that she thinks it might not be a good idea to be signed off yet as I might worry about every ache, movement, etc to much but then she said that if I feel that mentally & phsically not right then go with my gut instinct. I do have history of mental health problems i.e. anxiety, depression & panic attacks and Im off for a new referral to our local adult mental health as I have been feeling abit under the weather in the last 3 months.

I work 3 days per week in as a Team Secretary in Child & Adolscent Mental Health. My job is not really physical although obviously I am up and down like a yo you retrieving file, greeting families, etc. I am sometimes left on my own in the clinic.

Am I being a pre madonna and should carry on as normal or should I sod work and try and keep hold of my baby as long as possible.

I own a horse and Im now getting help with him so that is one less physical thing Im doing.

hiya,

I had finished work before i knew about any problems as i was emigrating to Oz, but if i hadn't have finished i would have gone on the sick as soon as i found out, not sure what you've been told but i wasn't expected to get to 24 weeks. One of the other girls that emigrated the same time as me was also pregnant and had the same problems but she got a job over here and continued working her baby was born at 28 weeks, i'm not sure if her working made a difference but i knew if i took it easy if anythinng went wrong i couldn't blame myself as i'd done everything i possibly could. I was more or less house bound and yes it was hard yes i felt lonely but i had this site to keep me going and it was worth it in the end :) here's some pice of my little girl at birth and now :)

2 days old
Abigail260905.jpg

11 days old
STA60029.jpg

6 1/2 months
Abiapril06007.jpg

ZoooriginalsApr06124.jpg

when you see pics like this of your little one it makes you see that everything you've been through is worth it :)

Keep us informed how you get on and email/pm me whenever you want :) email is [email protected]

Manda x

Ah Manda she is adorable, I hope my little girl is just as beautiful.

Im in such a dilemna. I do hate letting people down or making work hard for them. All my friends & family have said to get signed off but is it because they are a little biaised.

My job only actually gives me a little pocket money as it is not the best paid job in the world.

I think Im just wondering if I am being totally over the top even thinking about giving up work???

They havent given me a date they think Im going to deliver by but just keep saying 'lets get you to 28 weeks first'???

wow i love her lil poncho
were can i get one from from Dior iv never seen them in the shops for little ones?

Thanks! i don't think you're being over paranoid thats all they wanted to do with me was get me to 28 weeks, they suggested stitching my cervix but then told me that that could cause prem labour or miscarriage so i decided to let nature take it's course, if the job doesn't pay well i'd be packing it in as baby comes first but that is just ny opinion you have to do what is right for you, all i will say is i had to leave Abi in hospital after i came home and it's the hardest thing ever it's not easy having a baby in SCBU, and that was at 35 weeks don't know how the women cope whos babies are there for weeks and weeks.

Dionne not sure where my mum got poncho from will find out for you hun.

Hi Eve, when I was pregnant with ds I went into labour at around 23/24 weeks. They never checked my cervix, but they did give me tablets to stop the labour. When the consultant visited me the next day he told me not to work (I was a bar manager) and the only thing I was allowed to do was relax and put my feet up ( his words). I know that this was due to me having a prem labour with my first but you cant be too careful in my opinion.

Nikki.

Hiya Nikki

Ive been to my GP and he has signed me off for one month, I will be 29 + 6

Thats good, at least you can relax, well try to anyway. Time to get resting with your feet up and a hot drink.

Nikki

Hiya hun, if I was you I would give up work now and claim your Maternity Benifit. I stopped work at 27 weeks and started to claim it as I thought isn't really wasn't worth the risk. I had/have a weak cervix and I was dilating and they said they didn't know when it would eventually give way. To play it safe I would stay at home and rest up as much as possible. I stayed at home, sat on my bum, didn't walk or drive for 2.5 months and managed to get to 34 weeks. I know things may be a little different between us, but every single day babe stays in your tummy is better.

I would rest with your feet up while you can - and get some sleep!! Become a forum addict like I was!!

If you ever need a chat - you know where I am xxx

Hiya Sami

Thanks for your advice.

I have been signed off for one month, I will see how things are then.

I think Im half way there to be a forum addict!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back