External piles help.

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I've had piles since my first baby 14 years ago. They have always been external.
I go through phases with them. Sometimes it's like a tiny skin tag, sometimes it's like a big swollen arse bollock!
It's painful, it's ugly and it's embarrassing.
Today it is really big and really swollen.
What is the best cream/treatment available for pregnant ladies?
This isn't a pregnancy related problem for me per se as I have had them a long time. I would like something quite strong to zap them back to minimum size if possible x

I'm so sorry I have never had them so can't help, but I'm literally LOLing at 'arse bollock' x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had internal piles, the doc prescribed anusol, can be used in pregnancy and for external piles. Hope that helps x

I've been using anusol and prep H for years, I think I'm too far gone for that now.
I think I'll need surgery after baby but for now I need something more topical, maybe a steroid cream?? x

Oh Cosmic, poor you sweets. I was going to suggest Anusol too. I don't know much about other creams. What about an Ice pack? That might relieve them for a we while at least.

I haven't tried that, that might reduce the swelling, I'll try that.
I'm too young to have an embarrassing arse like this, I'd be mortified even if oh saw it, it's terrible x

I have had them since 18 Cos...IBS!!! I've not had an outbreak for years but arse bullock is a perfect description. They are so painful and yes very embarrassing, I'm nervous mine will come for a visit after birth!! Yes a steroid cream is what you need but in the mean time boil the kettle, pour the boiling water in your washing up bowl or a bucket and squat overt it. My GP told me to do this and although the steam nearly takes the skin off your arse it really helps to shrink it.

Xxxx

Last edited:
Oh great, I'll try that.
I'm at the end of my tether with it really. Can't wait to get it sorted once and for all after this baby! x

I really feel your pain :( in my wild party days alcohol would bring them on, suppose from dehydration and I'd get an attach whilst out on the tiles. This is another reason why I am a fan of the bridgette jones undies, thong and pile are not friends!!!

Hope it eases soon chick.

Xx

God no I couldn't wear a thong! Mine are constantly external but vary in size. I'm sick of them, they aren't nice to look at and I have tried every lotion and potion at the chemist with no luck.
I believe the surgery is extremely painful (hence why I've had them for 14 years) but I've reached my limit with them now x

Are you sure they can't be treated during your pregnancy? I've seen piles treated with elastic band ligation, with no drugs involved. Have they told you surgery is the only option?

Edited to add: on looking it up it seems ligation is generally used for internal piles, but it might be worth asking about.

Last edited:
:( I also read that even with surgery they can come back....definitely get to your docs to reevaluate your options. Maybe suggest what little angle mentioned? It's not nice so I really feel for you x

Last edited:
Are you sure they can't be treated during your pregnancy? I've seen piles treated with elastic band ligation, with no drugs involved. Have they told you surgery is the only option?

Edited to add: on looking it up it seems ligation is generally used for internal piles, but it might be worth asking about.

I haven't asked but I will do, thanks x

:( I also read that even with surgery they can come back....definitely get to your docs to reevaluate your options. Maybe suggest what little angle mentioned? It's not nice so I really feel for you x

I'm willing to try anything, surgery really is a last resort x

Something I found on the net -

Haemorrhoidal artery ligation
Also known as transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (THD), in this procedure the small arteries that supply blood to the haemorrhoids are tied (ligated). This causes the haemorrhoid(s) to shrink. This procedure is not usually painful and is gaining in popularity as a treatment option.

Maybe an option?? xx

It's 5am and its swollen like a balloon. I'm lying in bed with loads of cream on it but it's getting worse. I could cry. Is it awful that my main concern is how it looks? It's horrible and massive. It bulges in my underwear, that's how big it is.
I'm going to try and get a dr appointment as soon as they open x

Something I found on the net -

Haemorrhoidal artery ligation
Also known as transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (THD), in this procedure the small arteries that supply blood to the haemorrhoids are tied (ligated). This causes the haemorrhoid(s) to shrink. This procedure is not usually painful and is gaining in popularity as a treatment option.

Maybe an option?? xx
This is what I'm talking about. But I've only seen small ones done.

Either way you need referring to a surgeon who will advise. There is no harm starting the process now, if he recommends a surgical option you can then wait until after your lo is here.

Last edited:
I have had them since 18 Cos...IBS!!! I've not had an outbreak for years but arse bullock is a perfect description. They are so painful and yes very embarrassing, I'm nervous mine will come for a visit after birth!! Yes a steroid cream is what you need but in the mean time boil the kettle, pour the boiling water in your washing up bowl or a bucket and squat overt it. My GP told me to do this and although the steam nearly takes the skin off your arse it really helps to shrink it.

Xxxx

Oh Cosmic, so sorry these are causing you so much bother. Nothing to add as all options have been discussed I think. However I know you are concerned about what your OH would think if he saw them HOWEVER I bet his eyes would pop out if he walked into you squatting over the bucket. Oh the imagery :D I have to admit, I'd be trying it too if I was in discomfort.

I'm sorry you're suffering so much :( I don't have any advice to offer, but will watch with interest, as I too have suffered from this since my teens, and never have much luck with OTC remedies. I totally understand that it's the sight of them that's as bad as anything else - I feel really self-conscious about mine too.

Good luck with getting it sorted soon!

I'm in the walk in as we speak. Anusol isn't doing anything, hopefully they will prescribe something more powerful, we'll see x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back