Is it possible for your waters to leak?

pink_munki

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some advice again please! Sorry in advance if this is all tmi!

Is it possible for your waters to leak? For the past few days I've had really damp underwear. I've been wearing panty liners and the amount of moisture is going through them and onto my underwear. It doesn't seem like discharge because it is very watery. I don't think it's urine either but I'm not sure how to make sure! Sometimes after I've urinated, it seems to carry on trickling even after I've stopped and when I stand up and more fluid coming out. It's not all the time either.

I have recently felt reduced fetal movements and I've been having some tummy cramps. The babies' heartbeats were strong at my last ante-natal appointment.

I don't have a midwife atm because I've just moved house and I have to wait for my new GP to refer me to one and I couldn't get an appointment with him until Friday. I really don't want to have to ring the hospital in case I'm making a big fuss out of nothing and it's something embarrassing like urine!

I'm 26 weeks today with non-identical twins.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Am I just worrying about nothing? Please help!!

xxxx

It is possible for your waters to leak, but watery discharge is also very common. Put a pad (a proper sanitary towel) on and see how long it takes for that to get soaked through, then if you do ring the hospital or NHS direct you'll be able to give them some idea of how much liquid you're talking about. If you're concerned I'm sure your doctors surgery would be able to put you in touch with a midwife. Hope everything's ok :hug:

In my opinion it's better to be safe than sorry, I'm sure the hospital would rather see you when they don't need to than not see you when they did need to. If it was me I'd just give the hospital a ring, they'll probably suggest the same as sam's mum said and possibly get you up there to take swabs and see if it is your waters, or check for infection.

I'm sure they see people all the time who think their waters are leaking when they aren't, but better to be safe than sorry :hug: xx

Oh, and to answer your question in short. Yes they can leak, it doesn't always have to be a huge gush.

Apparently another way of checking is to sit on the toilet and cough, if it's your waters you'll probably feel a trickle when you cough xx

i would put a pad on and if it fells within 2 hrs then go to a&e if your waters are leaking they need to know it might just be a high hind leak or it might be wee wee but always best to hget checked out hun x

Did you get it checked out hun?

Did you get it checked out hun?

No, I haven't as yet. I'm going for a 4D scan in less than two hours (so excited!!!) so I thought that they would be able to see if the babies don't have enough fluid on there. I just really don't want to kick up a fuss, I've had so many complaints and problems with this pregnancy - bleeding, cramps etc so the hospital must be sick of me by now!

I haven't felt the right baby move for a couple of days at all now but my OH have felt kicks through my back so I'm just wondering if I can't feel them because of where he is kicking.

I'll keep you updated on what the scan reveals!

i have the same prob i went to midwife and she have me a swab thing got my rustlts today and noting to worry about i wear pads now hope everything is ok

My scan was slightly unsuccessful I'm afraid. I have some lovely pics of the left baby but the right baby wouldn't move his hand away from his face! Naughty boy! There was no cause for concern on the scan so I think it's unlikely to be my waters leaking. I'll update the midwife at the hospital when I have my 28 week scan and see what they say. I have a repeat 4D scan next Friday so fingers crossed that the right baby will behave!

Thanks for all your help and concern xx

good everything went well hope you get better pics next time round x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back