• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

expressing

NICCI

Reaction score
hi ladies :wave:
its my dads 50th bday next weekend (and im planning on drinking 4 the first time since jack was born) so ie started expressing which is quite a task as i dont get much off. ive managed to express 14 ounce since thursday!!! what im wondering is how much will he need each feed?? he is 3 and a half months old and weighs about 14lb! he has had a bottle before i used the tommee tippee ones with teat number one is this ok?also howlong would i have to wait the day after until i fed him on the boob again??
thanks xx

Hi Nicci,

It might pay to give him a bottle feed before the weekend so you know how much he takes - at a guess I'd say try 7-8 oz, but you don't really know till you've tried...

As for the drinking thing, it depends on how much you're planning on drinking. There are no strict guidelines on this, the only thing I've found is this...

"It's also okay to have an occasional alcoholic drink. But having more than one drink increases your blood alcohol level to the point that the alcohol gets into your milk. If you plan on having more than one drink at a time, wait two hours per drink before resuming nursing (or nurse, then have your glass of wine). There's no need to pump and dump unless your breasts are full and it's still not time to feed your baby. Moderate or heavy drinking is definitely not recommended while breastfeeding. An old wive's tale suggests that dark beer increases milk production, but recent studies suggest this is not true and that alcohol, in fact, reduces milk production." http://www.babycenter.com/404_are-there-any-foods-i-should-avoid-while-breastfeeding_8906.bc

So based on that, I would calculate it as one standard drink per 2 hours minimum before you should feed again (ie 4 drinks = at least 8 hours from last drink). TBH you'll probably find you won't want to/be able to drink as much as you would have pre-pregnancy anyway.

Galen would take anything from 4 - 7 ozs at that age. Impossible to say a definate amount for each feed as it could vary.

My suggestion would be go less, say 5ozs and if Lo finishes it and wants more then give a couple more ounces. Don't forget once used it is only good for an hour after.

thanks lades! :hug:
so far ive expessed 3 7ounce bottles which im soooo proud of coz i have trouble expressing :cheer: im gonna express another 2 or 3 7 ounce bottles just to be on the safe side!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back