Electric Breast Pumps!

I bought the electric TT breast pump and i have to agree it is AWFUL!!!
I paid just under £60 for it and i have used it twice!!
I prefer to use the manual as i get more milk from that pump and the electric one takes FOREVER to get ANYTHING out!!
It is the biggest waste of money in my opinion!
I have everything TT so am unsure about buying another electric pump as that would mean i have to change all the bottles aswell would it not???

no if you got another breastpump you could just tip the ebm into a tomee tippee cup and continue using them - we have found the bottles arent great for switching from BF to EBM so we are using the Avent Airflows which are much much better

my Ameda pump doesnt come with bottles anyway, just storage containers that you fill x

Thanks for the reviews BigBump, I bought an Ameda electric dual breast pump from ebay for £62 including postage so hopefully I get on ok with it as I'm already kicking myself saying I should've bought the Lansinoh one as I know its only been used twice and I probably could've got it asap where as, the ebay one I got cheaper but have to wait via post and its been used more times lol

Katie, I was just about to say the same as what Bigbump has said. Put them in storage pots or once you have expressed pour the expressed milk into the TT bottles or milk bags then put in the fridge.

I love the medula swing totally painless and fast

I love the medula swing totally painless and fast

This has great reviews :)

I think you will really get on with the Ameda Lovisa, i have the same one and its fabby - I imagine the Lanosh is good but i cant imagine its that much better, they look in about the same league to me

I am so impressed with my second-hand Lactaline and i intend to use it indefinately so i am thinking of buying a brand new one with all the trimmings ;) totally in love with a breast pump how sad!

[/Quote] I am so impressed with my second-hand Lactaline and i intend to use it indefinately so i am thinking of buying a brand new one with all the trimmings ;) totally in love with a breast pump how sad![/QUOTE]

Not sad at all :roll: lol
You got extras with the one you bought didnt you?
I used my crappy TT one again today and managed to get more than 60mls of one breast, which is great going for this pump as I've only managed to get 30mls before and that was from both breasts. And I know I can get more, as was getting about 80ml or more when I was in hospital.
Only expressed some off as I have a work meeting Thursday and was trying to leave OH as much as my EBM as I can for Esmé as it will be easier to leave them both at home whilst I'm at this meeting.

I just have to say that I have an Avent Isis IQ (one side breastpump) it is electric. It felt pretty soft but I didn't really get a lot of milk out (10mins for about 5ml) so not worth it. I don't like the fact that you have to do both breasts seperately (which takes a very long time).

I heard good things about the medela double pumps with new suction method to mimic the babies sucking. I have tried the medela symphony in the hospital and I found it much better than the Avent (only my mik production wasn't really there yet so I don't know if it will be better in the end).

I don't want to spend a fortune on a breast pump (like the medela swing) , so are there any double sides which you can do manually?

not sure how a double manual pump would work... it would be hard to pump and hold onto both boobies i think you would need an extra hand!

A quick google shows they dont exist though, have you thought about buying a cheap second hand double electric from Ebay? xx

Oh no! I'm like Tasha and got the TT electric one in the Asda baby event for a bargain price of £40
I had been looking at the Medela swing , but couldn't resist the half price.

Well lets hope I can get on with it and have more luck than some of you ladies, as I'm not buying another one - wish me and Tasha luck!

I've got a medela swing and I love it! I used an Avent manual one with Sam and it was ok but compared to that this is amazing :)

When Toby wasn't feeding much the other day (because of teeth) I pumped both sides and got 330ml in about 20 mins x

I spent 80 quid (£50 vouchers) on the TT electic pupm, after being told by my mw it would be more effective than my manual and i think its the worst thing i have EVER BOUGHT!!!!! I have the TT manual one and can fill upo a bottle in about 15 mins, I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back