Electric Breast Pumps!

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok, so I really need to start getting into the hang of this expressing thing quickly, as I only have a hand pump at the moment and its just not cutting it, and I really want to get her back onto as much breast milk as I can.

So just wondered which breast pumps you all have and which ones you would recommend? I think theres a fair amount of us girls all expressing now so figured there'd be a few differnt opinions :D

Im deffinatly looking for electric/battery powered as I want to express long term really. Ive got loads of tommee tippee bottles ect and Im using the tommee tippee hand pump at the moment but willing to try other makes of course!

I dont really want to spend too much if Im honest. My bank might not be too impressed lol. But you girls usually have good opinions on these things so figrued you were the best people to ask for recommendations! :D

I've heard excellent things about the Tommee Tippee one and the bottles click right onto it x

I have a Tommee Tippee - its So Unbelievably rubbish that i bought a new breastpump for fear of my milk drying up!

It took a good 25mins to pump out ANYTHING, you cant see whats coming out because the bit that is on the boob is so thick and frosted.

I now have a lactiline ameda and its brilliant, i get about 3 ounces in about 15mins and its fully controllable

be warned of Tommee Tippee, its SUCH a piece of rubbish that i have decided to take my for sale one off and just smash the bloody thing (we have decided it wouldnt be fair for someone else to go through the pain of getting on and finding out how crap it is) Liam thinks he might be able to use the motor for something or other and hes quite interested in how they work anyway i think

but please, be warned of Tommee Tippee, they are RUBBISH

And if you really want one you can have mine for postage and a tenner x

I've heard very mixed reviews on the TT Electric pump - some find it amazing and some (like BigBump) find it crap...

We bought it in the last Asda Baby & Toddler Event for £40 - very reasonable on price :) We'll just have to see how we get on with it.

It's also half price in Mothercare at the moment :D

I've heard fantastic things about the Medela Swing Electric Pump but that ranges between £80-£90 depending where you buy it...

I use a manual avent one and I love it! It's really good and only £15 in asda and tesco. Xx

I love my medela swing. not used it much but when i do it''s quick and painless x

Meeah - How do you get time to sit and use a manual!? Im just starting out on it but it takes me about 10mins to get 1oz atm.

Ive been reading some reviews on the TT ones and like Tasha has said, its very mixed. Ive also heard some good things about the medula swing...it just seems so expensive when you don't know if its any good until you get it. Hummmmm.....

I think maybe this is going to have to be one of those things Im just going to have to shell out for if I want something decent. Im still amazed your using just a manual Meeah! You must have arms of steel by now! :)

I personally think I'd get cramps in my hands if I used a manual lol x

I tried a manual with my 1st and found it agonizingly painful :(

I figured that £40 wasn't too much to spend on a breast pump, so if I don't like it it's not the end of the world. We're only after a pump so that OH can have a go at feeding later on and I can have a break now and then. x

I've heard fantastic things about the Medela Swing Electric Pump but that ranges between £80-£90 depending where you buy it...

I had this one and it's brilliant!!

I think £40 is a fine amount for a breast pump. Although I am tempted to try the medula swing lol. Ive found it online for £75 which isn't too bad. Id just be realyl disappointed if it wasn't what I thought.

i spent 60 quid on a TT, I then had to spend ANOTHER 50quid on a second hand decent breast pump.

i really wish i hadnt bothered and just got a decent new pump for 100quid

Big Bump, were you using the TT electric breast pump? As I bought one in March so I could use when my daughter was born. When she arived and I went to use it I couldn't due to the rubber filter missing from the box, we contacted Tommee Tippee direct and they sent me two and since then and I've tried using it I seem to get very little or the most 30ml, is this what happened to you?
I know I can get more than that from expressing as I rented a pump whilst waiting for the part to come from TT.
How much did you get your new one from and where?

Melio, I would've given you feedback about TT but as you can see I'm having a bit of trouble myself but not sure if I just have a dodgy one or I'm doing something wrong.
I have TT bottles, steriliser, dummies, milk storage pots, food pots and they have all been great so its a shame about the electric pump x

The manual one doesn't take very long with the avent one I love mine xxx

yep the electric pump, i got an ounce or so from it but i have fire hydrant boobies as Liam lovingly calls them ;) I.E when Jasper pulls off the breast i spurt so high i often get liam in the face with me milk! I make LOADS of milk the midwives and HV were all quite impressed.

Its a RUBBISH breastpump, totally ineffective and not worth the money at all.

I got an ameda lactiline pump from ebay, it was 50quid and is an uber good, double pump jobbie with a dial you can twist to choose how much suction you want and in what cycle.

With that i can easily get 3 or 4 ounces in rougly 10minutes and because its clear i can see what is coming out and when the boob is emptied

I use it every day and massage my boobs to stop mastitus. its fabby

BigBump;i have fire hydrant boobies as Liam lovingly calls them ;) I.E when Jasper pulls off the breast i spurt so high i often get liam in the face with me milk! IQUOTE said:
:lol:
I've done this a few times to esmé, either when she has pulled off my boob too or if I've squeezed my nipple to get the milk flow going lol

Did you buy from a dealer on ebay or used by just a normal person?
I rented an Ameda Elite Electric pump, which was great but gave it back when I thought mine was working, wished I didnt now.

I know someone who is selling a Lansinoh double pump for £80 as only been used twice but not sure if this is a good price or not as not sure what the pump is like

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back