expired implanon??!.. HELP!

Mommy_of_2

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm in serious need of help, I've had my implanon implant for over 3 years now, My 3 year mark was January of this year. So its really past due but I don't know if I can get pregnant or not.. honestly I have no clue why I haven't just taken my butt to the doctor to have it taken out after all this time, it has just been something that was never on my top priority list. anyways!
Me and my husband started trying to conceive since the day it expired figuring it would happen since getting pregnant with my first 2 boys was insanely easy! It just doesn't make any sense... im so scared because now im reading things like you might not be able to get pregnant if you leave your implant in over it expiration date.
I haven't had a period in almost 3 months taken sooo many pregnancy test but nothing.. past couple days boobs have been hurting... eating everything in sight... mood swings.. the whole nine yard, but have taken 4 test every one of them negative. I've been trying to find something on the internet and not one single site can give me a good answer, lots of maybes and possibilities but nothing really reassuring me I can get pregnant. So to sum it all up :)
Can "something" in this impanlt cause a at home test to come up negative even if your pregnant?
and
Does ANYONE know if I can get pregnant while the implant in in my arm still but expired??..
Im sorry guys, I know I sound like a complete idiot but I am just so confused!!!!:eh:

I imagine its less effective or the hormone inside it would of run out. Best u go docs x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Get yourself to the docs ASAP and have it removed. I'm guessing if its expired there's a chance you could get pregnant but if you're wanting to get pregnant you'll want to give yourself the best chance and I'd say that requires the implant being removed. Xxx

The implant lasts a minimum 3 years maybe less for larger ladies but some ladies it can last longer if you want to ttc you need to get it removed to be sure.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

the hormone is still present in the implanon even though it has expired its just not as effective. you won't get pregnant with it in if you haven't in the 3 years you've had it in.

i got mine out in december after having it in since january and i've still not got pregnant as it can take up to a year to get out of your system. my advice get it out asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatima70
Back