implanon-removal woo

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by melanieyeah, Oct 20, 2005.

1. melanieyeah

melanieyeah Well-Known Member

hi yall, even though i say ive been ttc for a bit, i havent actually, ive just been preparing for ttc lol! I still have an implanon injection in my arm, and have my removal date which is monday at 4pm :D and ive read up that once implanon is removed you are totally unprotected, wheras injections of the liquid kind can stay in your system for over a year, so im relieved that i wont have to wait for it to run out, so wooo...finally i will be in the real ttc group. Im all prepared, folic acid,calcium tablets, healthy eating,excercise,cotbed HAHA! :) so yay

2. sarahj

sarahj Well-Known Member

hi!!!

it is so exciting isnt it!!!! good luck to you and keep us all informed on how you are getting on. i had the injection things and i did take a year before i got pregnant but unfortunately i m/c 3 months ago so trying again. hopefully not such a long wait this time!

have fun ttc!
    sarah x

3. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

HI

I had both injections and implants.... glutton for punishment! I didn't have a period all the time i was using the injection... and upto 9 months after.. with the implants I used to have very iregular periods... this was the reason I had them taken out - I went straight onto the pill which made my period regular. (i had 5 implants - they replaced the 5 with 1 a few years ago)

I know with the pill - they say you have a very very fertile month the first month off it. Lets hope this is the case with the implants... fingers crossed for you....

x

4. melanieyeah

melanieyeah Well-Known Member

thanks you guys! im so excited hehehe!!!! shagsahoyyy! woops not aloud to say that hehehe! babydance ahoyyy! im sorry about your m/c sarah must have been so hard for you, we can all ttc together -thats why i love this place:D