Exhausted Mummy, Not Sure How To Cope!

Charliebump3

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Guys I'm exhausted and I really don't know what to do! My youngest has just turned 6 months old and is a mummy's girl! To a point where I can't do anything! She only let's me feed and settle her. If I'm not near her she streams blue murder. She won't let my hubby do anything in fact she screams more when he tries. I can't even pee without listening to her scream because I have left the room. If hubby leaves the room she's fine and doesn't cry it's just me!

Last night I tried having a bath for some me time and I could hear her screaming after 10 mind I shouted hubby to let her have a bath with me! Big smiles when she was with me!

It's been the same pretty much since the day she was born and now after 6 months with little help off hubby (not that he hasn't tried) I am officially exhausted! I am worried sick that I won't cope with the new baby. Eva is completely draining me. She is currently sat on dad's knee screaming at me. I feel so weak I literally can't pick her up!

Any advice is more than welcome!

Last edited:
I know it's super tough as both mine have been the same. My daughter is now starting to get a bit better but if she's tired, under the weather that's it! I have learnt to survive my wearing her. I out her in a wrap/sling on my back when I want to get on with things round the house and she is happy with that. I put her on my front when I know she's tired. Could be this be something you try? If you go to your local sling library you can hire them and they will be able to advise you with being pregnant.

6 months is about right for major separation anxiety too, so as difficult as it is, it's normal. It's just made that much harder because you're pregnant and not feeling good.

I second getting a sling.

Also though, you are just about in Tri 2 now so you should start feeling better soon and being able to keep more food down, which hopefully will help you feel less drained and tired and more able to deal with her.

And by the time the baby is born she'll be about one and mobile and you'll probably find she's happy crawling (or toddling) off to go play with toys (or highly inappropriate things like the tv or dvd player ;) ) and it'll be easier to look after them both than you are envisaging now.

Hope you feel better soon.

I have considered babywearing especially with the new baby! I have a baby carrier for Eva but I find after a while it makes my back ache! Are slings any better?

On a plus side of her not settling for anyone else I get to nap with her sometimes which has been my saving grace over the past few weeks!

Slings are a lot better than the carriers you tend to find in high street shops, because they distribute the weight properly over your back and torso, where as ones like the baby bjorn etc tend to have narrow straps and the position of them is not good for weight distribution, also they tend to have the baby sat lower which pulls on your shoulders. And when the baby is in a seated position (like in a wrap or Mei Tai) they can use their own core muscles to support themselves a bit, where as in most regular carriers the baby kind of just hangs there and so feels like a "dead weight".

All I can really suggest is you try to find someone locally who uses soft slings (either a wrap or Mei Tai) or a sling library and try some out, you should easily be able to feel the difference :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back