:(

TORino

Reaction score
Hubby is trying to feed Tilly with a bottle and it's breaking my heart listening to the screaming.

It's also really upsetting me that she won't take it.

Awwww :( I'm sure it's horrible for you hun :hug: x

:hugs: can you go for a quick walk around the block?? Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Awww... That's horrible for you. X

Aw its so upsetting isnt it, it broke my heart the first time, get hubby to squeeze a lil milk out from the teat into her mouth while its close iykwim xx

:wall: I'm just so frustrated she won't take a bottle anymore.

She's gone backwards

I keep hearing choking sounds as well from her where she's gagging on the teat

:(

EPIC FAIL

I can't listen to it anymore.

There goes my babysitters :wall: ffs, having a break from this baby every now and again has been the only thing keeping me going.

And I've just wasted 5oz breastmilk

Oh rubbish!! Big hugs. I don't really know anything about this bf/teat confusion thing but could it just be an off day? What about trying different teats? Sorry, prob useless suggestions you've already thought of!

I don't think it is nipple confusion, I think she just knows what she likes and that is her mummy. If you kknow she will go 2-3 hours between feeds you can still get babysitters and still have a break. I know it is hard, as K refuses bottles too, but soon enough she will be eating food and going longer between milk feeds. Xx

And I've just wasted 5oz breastmilk

Becky can maybe help me out here, but I'm almost positive that even if LO has used a bottle of EBM, you can still put it back in the fridge to try later. It's not the same as formula that spoils.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yes it lasts waaaay longer than fformula, get it in fridge xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Stupid phone sent before I finished :(

Ive only pumped 2oz incase he doesn't take it so it's not wasted.

Whoever said "no point crying over spilt milk" has obviously never pumped!

If its fresh it can be at room temperature for 10 hours then 8 days in the fridge and then frozen! Better than cows milk http://www.mother-2-mother.com/storemilk.htm

I know exactly what you are going through, I've been there and you get used to it. If she sleeps through you can still go out just don't go far incase she wakes and come home feed her and go back if you need to. I left Tyler with my mum and he woke up as soon as I walked out the door and refused a bottle he just sat up quietly with my mum for 3 hours patiently waiting for me to come home. No tears nothing.

:hug: xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah tor you can still go out just make sure you feed her as close to leaving as possible and as soon as you get back, 3 hours is enough time to watch a movie or have a meal :)

You have quite a big garden don't you? If you want some time with OH why not create a little area out the back, fairy lights, table and chairs, a couple of bottles of wine and a take away dinner? Nice and romantic but still close enough to the house if you do have to nip in and feed her but Tilly will think you are out and will take the bottle for the babysitter

You have quite a big garden don't you? If you want some time with OH why not create a little area out the back, fairy lights, table and chairs, a couple of bottles of wine and a take away dinner? Nice and romantic but still close enough to the house if you do have to nip in and feed her but Tilly will think you are out and will take the bottle for the babysitter

I'm going to have to see if she will take it from someone else next weekend yes. It's such a friggin nightmare.

I do have a big garden yes, that sounds like a nice idea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back