What's happened?

K X

Reaction score
I am posting this b4 I'm heading off to work. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Last nite we only had 3 hours sleep, Rebecca was up screaming last nite and would not settle.

She used to be good at night (the only time) go down and 9.30 and wake a few times but put the dummy in her mouth and she would go back to sleep til 6. Last nite I tried everything.

I am at my wits end with her, the sleep depravation and having to go into work is hell. I can't cope with it. Feel like I could collapse. :wall:

Is she teething? :hug: for the both of you.

Could you take a day off work to try and catch up with some sleep?

Hi :hug: poor you.

Because Isaac is so good if he had a night when he was crying and wouldnt settle I would go through the usual checklist ie temperature, nappy, thirsty, hot, cold, you know the rest and then I would probably give him some calpol to settle him incase it was his teeth hurting.

Maybe you chould check with whoever babysits while you're at work how much sleep they are letting Rebecca have during the day? She might have slept loads in the day and then be full of beans at night?

Isaac has 2 or 3 strict half hour naps in the day so he is tired at night time.

It could be so many things I'm just trying to think what I could say to help really :?

Sounds like you need to catch up with you're sleep then you know what its like, you can cope with anything as long as you have some sleep.

Hope you have a better night tonight!

Lou :)

She has started being like this over the last week or so. She goes to nursery and when I picked her up today they said "what a temper she has on her". As if I didn't know, they called her a rite little madam. It sounds silly, but I don't want people to dislike her just because she is demanding. :cry:

That's not a nice thing to say Karrina, the nursery shouldn't say that. I'd feel really uncomfortable if someone who was supposed to be looking after Ella talked about her like that, I'd wonder if she was getting the attention and care she needed :cry: Personally I would look at moving her if the staff felt she was hard work (not because of Rebecca, but because of their attitudes).

Do you know what naps she's taking in the day? If Ella is tired then she's really stroppy. How is she on the days that your mum looks after her? Has her diet changed (something she's eating might be upsetting her??). You're not the only one with a demanding baby :hug: Ella is really hard work at the moment but I am hoping it will pass as her teeth come through more (well praying actually! :pray: )

K X said:
She has started being like this over the last week or so. She goes to nursery and when I picked her up today they said "what a temper she has on her". As if I didn't know, they called her a rite little madam. It sounds silly, but I don't want people to dislike her just because she is demanding. :cry:

I always had this with Sseren at my Dr's, my nmother and baby group, even on the maternity ward where she was born. It made me feel like a crap mum. :hug: :hug: to you, I hope it all settles down soon.

That was very tactless of them. I'm sure they don't hate her they just think she's a character. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanx Kina and Shona :hug: Becky has been a screamer from the day she was born, she kept other babies awake on the maternity ward, I couldn't wait to get home as I felt terrible, thats why I was only in hospital for 23 hours! :?

Kina she is a baby that hardly sleeps, today at nursery she has 3 x10 mins naps in 8 hours and that was after 3.5hours sleep last nite!

I just feel a bit worn out just now, stressful job, then coming in and dealing with a banshee! Hopefully she will grow out of it, I'm praying too :pray:

Hi K
Sorry you're having such a crappy time! It'll be very tiring and frustrating for you.
I think the nursery has been a little bit tactless and I would feel bad if someone made a remark like that about my child.

Rebecca is maybe just feeling a little insecure. Why don't you just sod the housework the weekend and give her you're undivided attention and when she wakes up at night, pop her in beside you. I do that with Oscar - keeps me sane and I get some sleep at least!

Don't loose heart - she needs you to be strong for her!
Hugs
EMilia xx

Thanx Louise and Emilia, Rebecca demands 110% attention, from the moment I come in, and if I walk away 2 get a cup of tea, she has a barney and inconsolable. Sorry for being so negative, Im just tired... :wall:

Sounds like she loves her Mummy! Zara can be like that too and it's extremely hard work if you've had no sleep (or even if you have had sleep!).
I do what Emilia suggests and take her in my bed if I'm tired. She'll usually snooze then but be careful if you're really tired! I sometimes wake up panicking about where Zara is and I've put her back in her cot without remembering :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back