Exhausted..*lil hopeless rant*

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I am completely utterly totally drained.. im getting ill from sleep deprivation at the moment i just need 24 hours to recoop my energy.. im getting so frustrated with alanna and its not her fault.. im having moments where i just think "god why did i have her" which is awful! im losing the close bond with her that i want.. but its so hard with her! she doesnt give any indicators for what she wants, she just goes from happily playing, so hysterical screaming in about 10 seconds! i try and nap with her during the day but sometimes she will sleep for only 10 minutes, or 20 minutes, and so it means if i lay down n start falling asleep im woken up as soon as i get relaxed its soo frustrating. i just need someone to hand her too for one day..

aw I totally understand we all get like this im sure so dont feel bad, plus most of us get a break at night when the OH comes in, Ellie is the same no indicaions of her going from being nice and happy to screaming, her hip and the pain in her neck has a lot to do with it too

Does Alanna sleep at night xx

just looked at your ticker and Alanna is 2 days older that Ellies corrected age!!! xx

She did for ages.. now she will go down at about 8, but will be stirring till about midnight, then is up screaming at 4am again

Last edited:
Really sorry you feel like this hun! It's hard work but it does get easier I promise!! Some days charley will be a nightmare and I think I can't cope but I do because I have too! The last few weeks charley's got alot easier and doing more. Alanna's prob frustrated cos she can't do much. Just think when she gets easier, you can be proud cos you did it all yourself x x

It will get easier Hun there's been times when i haven't Coped very well at all But Im starting to find it allot easier except her teeth are really playing up! xx

She did for ages.. now she will go down at about 8, but will be stirring till about midnight, then is up screaming at 4am again

aw the wee soul they dont know any better do they, if I was closer i would come and let you nap xx

Hang in there Kat, maybee she is teething or maybee she has started waking again as she is approaching solids time and maybe hungrier?

Your not alone, I'm not a single mum, but he is not around much due to night work and sleeping in the day.
Devon sleeps well at night, but because of it, he feeds all day long every two hours! and he will grissle and be hard work most of the day too.

I find that after a feed he will sit on my lap for 10 mins, then cry, he will stop if I walk around with him facing out so he can look around or I can lay him on a changing mat or play arch but he will be happy for 15 mins as long as I am there with him for most of the time. Try changing position or activity, or take her for a walk in the pushchair.

Is Alana getting more regular sleep , as going without larger sleeps in the day will make Devon really grumpy and wingy so I use the pushchair to force a better sleep if he will go off, even if means walking into town or round the block!

she will nap for half hours periods during the day, she used to have a decent 3-4 hours nap in the afternoon but thats gone >.< thats when i would catch up! lol

She likes her dummy now though so im getting some more peace atleast..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back