Exercise when TTC & when pregnant

Katkin72

Reaction score
I have just returned to the gym in the hope of losing a stone before I become pregnant. I know swimming is recommended as a good form of exercise when you are pregnant, but what about going to the gym and using free weights, cross trainers and exercise bikes? Are these a good idea or should I steer clear of them? I'm worried in case they may be a risk to an unborn baby - perhaps I'm being over cautious lol. What exercises do you recommend? Thanks for any advice you can give me :) xx

When I was pg the trainer at the gym assured me that all equipment is fine but I should avoid any 'tummy toning' machines and not do anything too vigorous in the 3rd trimester.
Xx

I have been thinking about this as I'm doing lots of exercise and also ttc. X

me too now i''m officially ttc. I don't do huge amounts but i do run regularly and now i'm doing some dvd work outs to tone up. SOmeone told me that it was fine in TTC but not to start anything new once pg. And also to avoid certain tummy exercises once pregnant.

I suppose a healthy mummy Is going to benefit baby I think if we use common sense we should be ok. Xxx

I am rubbish with exercise recently!

I used to do 45 minutes walking per day plus half hour cardio 3-4 times a week but after 1st M/c I stopped doing cardio when I got 2nd and 3rd BFP's.
In fact I usually stop exercise in my 2ww to be honest :shock:

Currently I am only walking an hour a day but that is down to laziness more than anything else!

xxxxxxxx

I guess it's common sense when exercising and not overdoing it, especially in the 3rd trimester! Not sure when I am that big I will want to do anything other than lounging around on the sofa with my feet up lol. Hopefully if I speak to the staff at the gym they can advise me what I should steer clear of -don't want to be going into labour whilst on the treadmill lol :)

i can say yoga will do.feel relaxing and comfy doing that.i think it is best exercise for pregnant and wanting to be pregnant. :)
but still up you on what will you want to.

Thank you sweet.angel - I would definately consider yoga, especially when I am in my 3rd trimester (lol, not that I'm even pregnant yet!!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back