Is exercise okay? and when should I stop?

First time mum

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 27 weeks and up until now I have been going either swimming or to the gym (but only to walk on the treadmill). Is anyone else still doing exercise? When do you think I should stop doing this, if at all? Will this become impossible as I pass, say week 30?

As long as you are not overdoing it then carry on for as long as you can - until 2 weeks ago I was still walking my dog for a good 2 miles a day, since about 30 weeks I have had to cut down as my body was objecting too much (it was agony when I got home), Somedays I find my daily walks a struggle, but I carry on as I know the exercise is good for me and baby!

Hiya :wave:
Exercise during pregnancy is very good for you and as you are only walking or swimming, both should be fine

Ive been swimming right up to now (term tomorrow) and only stopped this week due to high BP - but think i'll go for a little swim tomorrow - walking is VERY good as should keep you supple and help avoid SPD, etc

Hi there,

Im 37 weeks and 5 days now and still go for walks each day!! I have cut down on the distance though as my body wont go too far - still im about and about for half an hour ususally, but thats as im so slow now!!! I also have a bit of SPD and tend to feel sore in pelvis and pubic bones afterwards - nice!! a bit of a balance i guess is the answer, your body will sooon say if its too much.

exercise is very good for mum and baby and keeps you fit ready for labour so keep going if you are happy and well! :D

:eek: you all make me feel soooooooo lazy i havent done any :( apart from walking round shops christmas shopping but even that hurts loads :wall:

wow ladies you really are good at doing exercise!

I have continued walking but only what I have to do like walking to the doctors (15 minutes away) and down to the pub later! Don't worry girls I'm not drinking :D

Wish Id exercised.... but I was worried, and my body is paying for it now :roll:
Well done you! :clap:

When you have an incentive to exercise its so much easier....!

If I dont walk my collie, then she bounces off the walls and the ceilings all evening and is a total nightmare, so if I want a nice quiet evening, then I have to exercise her, otherwise suffer the consequences :D

EllieBelle said:
When you have an incentive to exercise its so much easier....!

If I dont walk my collie, then she bounces off the walls and the ceilings all evening and is a total nightmare, so if I want a nice quiet evening, then I have to exercise her, otherwise suffer the consequences :D

Ah bless - I love collie's, I grew up with one when I was a kid, he was my absolute babe and your right, they have sooo much energy. Its a good way to exercise, good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back