Exercise....I'd rather have a mars bar!

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
I enjoy exercise but I was just wondering what others are doing during the first tri?

Since I found out I vetoed jogging but that was partly to do with feeling exhausted but going to try it next week if it's not too hot and I'm ok. I love Zumba and dance but I've read that to much jigging round isn't recommended. Suggestions welcome, I thought of swimming bur always too hungry afterwards hence I'd rather have a mars bar!xxx

Think I'm going to do swimming nxt week I normally do gym but not touching the weights x x

I was exercising after I found out I was pregnant and was hoping to continue for as long as possible, but once sickness kicked in, bye bye! Can barely do anything!

What kinda excercise did you do before sunbeam. I do a lot of dancing - which im still trying to carry on - granted a dont quite spend all night on the floor like i used to - but with little breaks in between im managing. As for the not jigging around to much - I know dancers who have been dancing just as before right up till 2 weeks before. At least bubs will enjoy the music,
xxx

Hello I'm a zumba and dance instructor I'm 9 weeks and 4 days and I have carried on teaching my 8 classes a week since I found out! Along as u done exercise b4 u can carry on but if uv never done zumba or dance don't start now! I'm doing exactly the same but not as full out and not as much twisting and certainly no abdominal work! ( that's a big no no !) the fitter u are the quicker ur labour :) take up swimming and yoga they are great for pregnancy! The fitter u stay the less hardull have to work for ur figure back after x x

i have been eating.......and thats about it lol. I really need to start going for walks or something. I lost over a stone before i got preggo and slimmed right down to a 10, not too sure if my little podge now is bubba or blubber hehehe

I walk a lot between home and station and station and work, I also go Salsa classes and have zumba on my new wii, so I figure as long as I keep it 'non-jiggy' lol, I should be good.

Hope to increase my swimming and get into pre-natal yoga :)

Lxx

Ah Thanks for your replies that's very reassuring!

Definately going to keep up the dancing and Zumba i love it! That's the problem with the Internet too much stuff to read which makes you paranoid. I do a lot of watersports so wakeboarding will be a no no due to impact on the water but off Kitesurfing today, pack lunch in tow!

I'm going to look into the pre natal yoga, ive recently moved so might be a good way to meet others xxx

cool, theres yoga on the wii fit and its awesome

I have a Wii but never use it but since i've moved I haven't enrolled in a gym so will have a look do you need a wii fit board?x

i think with yoga you need to go to a propor class as not all the poses are considered safe. I have a cross trainer and have been doing this still on and off because of tiredness when i get bigger i will use my bike because of balance getting bad lol. My midwife said any excessise you already do is considered safe

Hello I'm a zumba and dance instructor I'm 9 weeks and 4 days and I have carried on teaching my 8 classes a week since I found out! Along as u done exercise b4 u can carry on but if uv never done zumba or dance don't start now! I'm doing exactly the same but not as full out and not as much twisting and certainly no abdominal work! ( that's a big no no !) the fitter u are the quicker ur labour :) take up swimming and yoga they are great for pregnancy! The fitter u stay the less hardull have to work for ur figure back after x x

I was a podium dancer and also done pole exercise before getting pregnant, also still just dance about all the time haha, but I wanted to start zumba as I miss dancing, and doing pole during pregnancy isnt allowed. Would I be ok to start it? xxx

It is said not to start anything new when pregnant but I had a lady that was always quite fit before she became pregnant but stopped doing anything up until week 17 when she started my zumba classes I just told her to take it really easy and nit too much bouncing etc and she has just had a very healthy little boy so if u are used to exercise then I would say along as u exercise safe and keep hydrated and no jerky feisty movements you will be fine x

I love zumba, been doin 4 or 5 classes a week since January. I've now cut that down to 2 or 3 but I'm still goin! My Instructor is really lovely and makes sure I'm ok and tells me to take it easy, I am one for going for it!

Just had some new zumba highlighter cargos delivered, and the waistband is amazing, like they are supposed to be maternity zumba trousers! Reckon I'll be wearin those and my fusions for a while to come! My wonders don't fit anymore :(

They sound cool l'belle, which website did you get them from? You might have read from me moaning on other threads about the amount of food I seem to be consuming the sooner I get back into my fitness the better. I'm going to do Zumba, swimming then eventually a pregnancy yoga class and when it's a bit cooler running...I just need to put this grand plan into practice! Thanks ladies xxx

I got them off eBay from America, but the zumbawearuk.com website have lime green n purple ones. Mine r canary yellow and purple :) I love them! The waistband is designed to be folded over, but if u leave it up it makes a perfect pair of maternity zumba trousers! They r the highlighter design, none of the ther designs have the same waistband. The were quite cheap from America, I got a top, trousers and 3 bracelets with express delivery for £80! Bargain for zumba wear!!

Ha they sound fab going to have a look, I don't own Zumba pants but if I buy some I have no excuse not to go!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back