excuses excuses

chicmummy5

Reaction score
Ok this is a strange one......

I'm due to go out for a girlie night on Sat (was my birthday on 5th) Anytoots obviously this was arranged prior to finding out I was expecting again, sooo what can I use as an excuse for not drinking? I'm not a huge drinker anyway but with it being my birthday night the cocktails are sure to be a-flowing? I have started to come down with a "sore throat" so I was thinking about being on antibiotics - which is believable as I get tonsilitis alot. Or shall I just say i dont fancy it?

Its a very silly unimportant dilema so I apologise and I know I shouldnt lie to my bestest friends but I have a thing about not telling anyone until after my scan - not even my mum and thats hell!

thats a tough one :lol:

the antibiotics one sounds do-able though :lol:

xxxxx

I stopped drinking when we were trying to conceive. On my birthday I was only just pregnant so I continued with the "trying to conceive" story as it wasn't time for me to announce yet. I don't know if that would be any good for you though.
Maybe you could get there early, get a virgin cocktail and nurse that for most the night? Say you can't drink as much now you're getting old because of the increasing nightmare of hangovers :D

or buy your own drinks and buy coke and pretend there's vodka in it :lol:

if everyone else is drunk they may not notice :lol:

:think: Mmmmm im having same problem at halloween... going to a house party!

im going to say im on antibiotics! think thats the most beleivable story!.......

ps... HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!!! :hug: :hug: .

Thanks loads - Some fab ideas girlies!! Like I say, I hate telling fibs but its not time to tell yet. Plus my sis in law found out she's pregnant with her first after a miscarriage so I want her to hog the limelight for a while longer.
Now I just have the dilema of finding a minxy outfit, I'm not showing but erm, a little bloated, and spotty, and my hair is looking poo - eurgh!! I'm not a skank, I promise! x x

:rotfl: skank................ thats sooo funny..

ohhh the joys of being pregnant!! :roll:

hope you have a great night... let us know how get on! xx

you know, i was thinking today, i can already tell i'm not going to be one of those women who 'blossom' and look radiant during pg, i'm the opposite, my skin is pasty and yuck and my hair is limp and getting greasy after a day :wall:

your skin and hair will both get better my skin was just getting lovely but i have spots again now :(
good luck with the party all the ideas are great
manda xx

I'd go for the anti-biotics, could you maybe suggest going out for a meal instead? Tell them that you'd prefer that cos you can't drink? Or maybe I'm just getting old :lol:

I'd use the antibiotics excuse as well. Maybe buy your first drink - claim it's got alcohol in and then say that's all your allowed...?

The way I am at the moment, I'd be more worried about snoozing off before 10 o'clock which seems to be causing a bit of a problem at the moment :D

you know, i was thinking today, i can already tell i'm not going to be one of those women who 'blossom' and look radiant during pg, i'm the opposite, my skin is pasty and yuck and my hair is limp and getting greasy after a day :wall:

your skin and hair will both get better my skin was just getting lovely but i have spots again now :(
good luck with the party all the ideas are great
manda xx

I'd go for the anti-biotics, could you maybe suggest going out for a meal instead? Tell them that you'd prefer that cos you can't drink? Or maybe I'm just getting old :lol:

I'd use the antibiotics excuse as well. Maybe buy your first drink - claim it's got alcohol in and then say that's all your allowed...?

The way I am at the moment, I'd be more worried about snoozing off before 10 o'clock which seems to be causing a bit of a problem at the moment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back