• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What painkillers are safe? x

Co-codamol contains Codeine, it's derived from heroin, personally I wouldn't take it, but if the pain is really bad, you have to do what you feel is best!

So is morphine but you can still take diamorphine safely in childbirth?

Yep this is very true, its an opiate like heroine and morphine and all those other things lol.
One of the tri 3 ladies was prescribed co dyramol yesterday, another of the tri 3 girls was advised by her mw to take some last week for a headache that had lasted days. When I had pains and had to get checked out at hospital I was given a codiene tablet. I think I'd you really need it and its prescribed then its ok
X

I've been looking all over the web and it seems that the general consensus is that its safe to take in early pregnancy (1st two trimesters) but not recommended in the later stages or taken over prolonged periods of time. So, personally, if I were you, I would take it hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back