I'm back....yet again

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies:wave:

Back again, feel like all i do is flit from TRI1 to TTC and back again :oooo:

Hello to all, need some help with excuses for not drinking as i have a few events over next few weeks with best friends and family (most of which know my history) so i dont think the old antibiotics excuse is going to cut it

We really dont want anyone to know the news, not even my mum.

Hope you are all keeping well pregnant ladies! :)

Hi hunny!!!

Fab to see you back here again!

I used the 'I'm cleansing my body' excuse for no alcohol and caffine for the last 12 weeks.............it's done pretty well!!

Hi hun :wave:

Ok excuse time:

- you've got to get up early in the morning and drive
- you've had a dodgy stomach the last few days and don't want to risk upsetting it again
- designated driver
- on antibiotics
- not in the mood

Xxxx

Ooooh good plan really, OH's family think of me as a bit of a health nut as i drink herbal tea? WTH? :shock: so the health kick excuse may work with them :)

Thank sleepy sue :) i could say dodgey tummy from something i eat! :)

I had a party on sat and pretended there was a emergency in work and the needed me to work sunday, worked a treat said If i had one id keep drinkin so easier to have nothing, then when I had pressure I got my DH to go to the bar when everyone allready had a drink sayin get me a vodka and coke so he just brought back the glass of coke and no one was any d wiser there was no vodka in it

Oh and congrats xxx

Hey Nurse :wave:

How are you hun?

Chuffed to see you here! Hope you got a sticky this time!

xxx

How are you hun?

xxx

Hey loopylou:wave:

Glad i have some of my TTC girlies in here :hugs:

I'm doing ok, currently 'ignoring' the fact that i am pregnant :whistle:

keeping my stress levels to a minimum.

Hows things with you? not long to go till your scan :lol: when is it?

about time :clock: i keep popping into tri 1 to see if you've arrived

and................you're here :dance: :wave:

EVERYTHING crossed for a sticky hunny! :love: xxxxxxx

How are you hun?

xxx

Hey loopylou:wave:

Glad i have some of my TTC girlies in here :hugs:

I'm doing ok, currently 'ignoring' the fact that i am pregnant :whistle:

keeping my stress levels to a minimum.

Hows things with you? not long to go till your scan :lol: when is it?

Yayy I know! I don't think there is many left in Tri 1 from TTC section now.. They have all rudely buggered of to Tri 2! :dance:

Oh god, is your "ignoring being pregnant" getting you anywhere lol? I wish I could ignore it, but I feel its abit hard when I have my head down the loo... Seems I cannot for one second forget this lil one is causing mischief already! Good thing off course! Not complaining one bit lol :whistle:

Deffo keep your stress levels down!

Im doing really well thanks for asking, I haven't had my scan date through yet! When should I expect it? Whats the norm for scan letters? I don't want to ring the midwife if it is usually only like a week before that I should get it? Don't like disturbing people for what may appear to be petty and non urgent lol.

I am feeling the hormones more so this week and I think if OH wasn't working away in the south of wales.. He'd be buried in my back yard by now. I swear to god men are the most pointless species put on this planet! Only good for one thing.. And thats making babies!

For e.g.

OH says to me "Do you want to go out today? Do something? Im bored of being stuck in?"
I reply "No thanks, I don't feel well at all, I just want to lie in bed and hope this sickness passes"
OH " Ohh right ok, cya then Im of out"

WTF! I would have expected him to say " Aww, do you want a sick bowl, or do you want anything to drink or eat? Do you mind if I go out and leave you alone for abit?"

The next day....

OH says "Whats up with you at all this weekend, you have been morbid all weekend!"
I reply " I feel really sick though, I can't move and don't feel like laughing when Im scared I will projectile vomit"
OH says " You havn't eaten"
I reply "Yeah I know, Im really hungry and I think if I ate something it may ease the sickness a little bit"
OH says "Well get out your lazy ass out of bed and go make something then"
I reply " I can't I will be SICK AGAIN!"
OH says "Oh for gods sake Louize, your just being soft now"

So after this conversation I fell out with him for a good few hours... To my suprise, he came home with a sorry gift lol. Some perfume. Bless. Only he wanted me to smell it... Feeling sick and smelling perfume do NOT go! But anyway I give it ago so he didn't think I was being ungrateful. Was lovely, just stomache didn't agree. So again, the sickness came back which resulted in me lying back in bed with my heavy breathing. OH then thought it was the perfect oppotunity to pester for sex AND then fell out with me when I said no!

:strangle: :strangle: :strangle:

This list goes on alot longer but I will leave it there lol.

Sorry for the rant :)

Hope your OH is being much more understanding lol x

Last edited:
Gassy Nurse. Lovely to see you here. Wishing u a super sticky healthy bean.

LoopyLou i love your rants about OH, is that terrible? hehe, i can just imagine you in my head firing pots and pans across the room at him :)

How rude though, i would have prob put salt in his tea instead of sugar...but i'm just evil like that :muaha:

I have to say the 'ignoring is working out pretty well so far :whistle:Although i think OH thinks i am a crazy cow :roll: earlier on the phone he tried to talk about my ahem.. pregnancy and i snapped at him then totally ingnored his questions:looped:

As for scan letters i got mine about 2 weeks before scan both times, guess it depends on where you live though.

Glad to see you here :) Loads of sticky dust.xxxxx

Lou - I got my letter the week before, was really annoying! I called and couldn't get through but it came on that day. Def give them a call. Nothing to lose :)

xxxx

Haha, no its not terrible! As much as he annoys me, I always manage to find the things he does funny a few days later. Purely because he makes a good story when I discuss him with friends..... Now I am the terrible one ha ha!

Lol jeez! Do I come across as a man beater LMAO! The pots and pans has never happened, although I did nearly rip his car door off whilst in a serious mood with him. He LOVED that one! He then spent an hour inspecting the door and the paint for any damage whilst muttering to him self how lucky I am that there was no damage. Ohh the joys! We are like a married couple!

Awww, I totally understand why you don't want to talk to OH about the pregnancy as of yet. I am the same with OH at the moment, wasn't so bad a few weeks ago, but now I am getting mega nervous about the scan. I keep dreaming I have had a missed miscarriage and that the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. Stupid dreams!

You will snap out of it soon I bet and you will both be discussing names before you know it :) xx

Aww thanks Olive, you have made me feel better saying that. Im going seeing the midwife on Tuesday so I will mention it to her then if I haven't gotten the letter by then. xxx

Last edited:
hehe, no not a man beater :rofl: your stories are just so funny :) glad he always makes it up to you though.

Dont worry about the scan hun, its going to go great i just know it :) xx

for an excuse i was naughty one time and tested the person to say id been feeling dodgy and may not be able to make it but that if I could I would then I got away with not drinking

Gassy Nurse. Lovely to see you here. Wishing u a super sticky healthy bean.

Flippin eck! That was meant to say Yaaay NOT gassy. Stupid autocorrect on phone. I don't know, maybe you are gassy but it's not for me to say :)

well i did wonder ninja??? haha promise i'm not gassy:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back