Evie Grace's birth story (elective c-section)

Tick-Tock

Reaction score
Evie is asleep so i will try to quickly write her birth story.

We arrived at hospital early for the section but had to wait all day as we were on the afternoon list and there were a few emergency sections.

We walked down to the theatre at about 4pm and I was sat on the table so the anaesthetist could administer the spinal. This was the main part of the whole thing I was dreading but it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be and was done very quickly. I then laid down as the spinal took effect and my legs started to go numb.

The surgeon then started to work. I couldn't feel anything until they started to stretch the opening to get Evie out, and my god did they pull me around it was a very weird feeling. We had asked not to be told the sex and instead OH was going to look and tell me. He was able to stand and watch the whole thing over the screen. He said it was weird seeing tow legs coming out of my abdomen, then a little bottom and then the rest of her. He turned round to me when her bottom half was out and said " I think I know what it is but I'm going to look again" he then said "it's a little girl" with quite a tone of surprise in his voice as boys run very strong in his family and we were certain it was a boy.

She was delivered very quickly and taken to the resuscitation table where she gave out quite a scream. She was then put on me skin-to skin while I was sewn up until just before they were finished where she was given to OH to carry to recovery while they moved me through. We were seperated for no time at all.

I was then able to feed her in recovery where we stayed for a couple of hours before being transferred to the ward.

We were discharged 48 hours later and I'm recovering well from the section. As you all know I was very disappointed and apprehensive about having to have it but it was actually quite a calm and pleasant experience. Obviously I would have rather delivered naturally but at least she's happy and healthy.....

Right, I'm going back to stare at my beautiful daughter...

DSCF1859.jpg

DSCF1839.jpg

J
XX

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

:cheer: Congratulations, she looks absolutely gorgeous :cheer:

Great name choice by the way :wink:

A massive congratulations to you, Evie is stunning! I am glad you had a calm experience and got discharged quickly. I hope you recover quickly.

Well done you!!

Michelle
xx

Congratulations :cheer: What a beautiful daughter you have :D

Congratualtions! Evie is beautiful :D

Glad the section went well ad was a positive experience.

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back