Ethan Chidgey 20/11/10 - 22/11/10

So sorry to hear this sad story..

Lots of hugs and thoughts ur way xx

So so sad :( I can't imagine how you are feeling, rip Xxx

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this hard time x

Oh Laura, I'm heartbroken for you, I'm so sorry to read this, and I'm thinking of you and your family....rest in peace little Ethan x :(

i'm so sorry laura :( you know we are all here for you :hug: thinking of you and your family xxx

I am so so sorry for your terrible loss. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you got to meet little Ethan and that he got to feel his mummy cuddling him. Rest in Peace little one. Thinking of you.xx

Laura Im so so very sorry for your loss.....your all in my thoughts....xxx

Im so so sorry for your loss sweetheart, I can't begin to imagine the pain your going through.. Rip little Ethan. Xx

there just arnt words for this kind of sadness thinking of you xxxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear your tragic news, sending love to you and your family xxx

Oh my God I am so sorry this is so tragic, my heart goes out to you :-( xxx

Im so sorry xxx Thinking of you and your family xxxx

How utterly heartbreaking, I am so sorry for your loss. RIP little Ethan, sleeping with the angels xx

I just read this, I cant believe this has happened. Im so so sorry. :hug: xxx

I am so very sorry for your loss:hug: Rest in Peace Ethan xxxx

We are all here for you when you are ready :hugs: Take care of yourself xoxox

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, i'm in tears just reading about baby Ethan being taken so soon. You are in my thoughts xx

Hi girls,

The last week has been a complete whirlwind and I am still finding everything a bit surreal - still trying to process how everything was fine with my little boy until so far into my pregnancy. How can it all go wrong so quickly?

We had a bit of a blow when we went back to the hospital on Friday, we were told that Ethan's blood hadn't grown at all for the chromosonal testing and if we wanted them to do this testing they would have to take some biopsies of Ethan's skin/tissue to try the tests again. We found out this morning that it is too late to even do this now as his tissue will have degraded too much. We have decided against a post-mortem as the doctors too feel that they will not find any cause from doing this, so our only hope of potentially finding a cause of his Hydrops is from the tests already taken. We will hopefully get all these back within the next 6 weeks or so.

We have spoken again this morning with the Neonatologist and he has said he does not think that Ethan had any chromosonal abnormality, as he was structurally perfect in every way. The main cause usually of Hydrops is cardiac related but they know that Ethan's heart was structurally fine as he has a detailed heart scan the morning before he died. We have been told that there are so many potential causes, we may never get the answers we want. They often can't find a cause with Non-Immune Hydrops. Having another child is so far from my mind right now, it actually makes me feel sick to think of being pregnant again, but I am sure in a few years I will probably feel different and want a sibling for our daughter Grace. I have to be sure though that this is no increased risk of this happening again, as I could not bear to lose another child.

We are trying to get on with the funeral arrangements, but it is just so hard - I am still recovering from my C Section, yet I have had to visit cemeteries and discuss the funeral service and be worrying about all sorts of stupid things that shouldn't be happening. I should have my little boy in my arms or at least still in my tummy until January.

I am starting to feel angry about why this has happened to us, we are good people who want a child so desperately and can provide a wonderful life/home but it just doesn't seem to be able to happen. After my miscarriage in March, I thought that surely that was all the bad luck we could have this year - how wrong could I be?!

If I didn't have my daughter, I just don't know how I could go on, she is keeping me strong and i know I have to get through this for her sake. She is so precious and it really does make you realise not to take any little thing for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back